“Love the music, stay for the food”
Review of Ricardo Steakhouse

Ricardo Steakhouse
Ranked #2,443 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I'll start my review by saying this: All the reviews mentioning the loud music are absolutely right.
But I can also say this about Ricardo. I've never had more fun at a steakhouse in my life. And with that said, the food doesn't take a backseat to the music and the atmosphere in the least. I'm in town enjoying an anniversary weekend with the Mrs. and we eat at some of the best steakhouses in Dallas.
While this is not the ideal place for intimate conversation and romance, it is a fantastic place to enjoy some well seasoned food with excellent service. It starts with one of the best renditions of garlic bread I've ever had. Hot, fresh and you can taste the garlic and see the parsley. I would be surprised if anybody sends anything back to the kitchen because the food wasn't hot. Everything had steam coming from the plate.
I had a ribeye and my wife had the lamb chops and we both left very happy. The ribeye had plenty of natural flavor and was cooked just right. And unlike many steakhouses, the sides that came with the means were more than enough to make for a satisfying meal. You can request side orders but you get plenty already.
We also enjoyed two drinks (mojitos and sangria) and had flan for desert. And I can't say enough about the service, which was attentive and not at all pretentious. We thought about going to a traditional steakhouse like Keen's or Peter Luger's but I suspect this meal would rate just as high, provides a better value and is way more fun.

2  Thank whodman

Reviewed March 26, 2014

loved the atmosphere and the rib eye steak the service was great u will definitely b back. go and see what I mean...

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was my first time going to Ricardos it was highly recommended. The atmosphere was very mature crowd .it more of a hang out music playing and just having a good time.. After 7pm it mature crowd only.. they actually have a DJ.. I got the rib eye steak which was out of this world.. the drink are on point and the waiters and waitress go out there way to please u .. I would definitely go back it a great place.. just make a res before u go it gets pretty crowded

3  Thank marie w
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A friend of mine I hadn't seen in awhile recommended that we meet here for dinner. I was very happy she did as the food was EXCELLANT. Loud music on a Saturday night which I seemed to enjoy. I can see some people not liking that. But its very cool spot to hang out at and will definitely be back.

1  Thank StefMillz
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food is awesome! Especially the seafood choices. Regardless of what your order, food is great. Never had a bad experience.

1  Thank colleen_r_dean