“Fantastic Lasagna”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Transit: 23rd Street (6 Train), 14th Street-Union Square Station (N,Q,R,W Trains, L Train, 4,5,6 Trains)
Description: For over 10 years, Via Emilia has been providing the Gramercy/ Flatiron neighborhoods with quality home-style Northern Italian cuisine. The authentic fare includes fresh-daily pastas, locally sourced vegetables and meats, as well as regional specialties like Modenese lasagna and Borlengo mountain bread. Our wine list focuses on Emilia-Romagnan wines, and boasts the largest selection of Lambruscos in the US. Whether you are looking to book a large party or an intimate dinner, Via Emilia can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Went with family on our 2nd night for a light meal,staff were great food menu great and the wine list excellent,had the lasagna which is brilliant,

Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

Yesterday i had the opportunity to eat with friend at this restaurant and thanksbto Salvatore we could experience the best from cucina emiliana e modenese and thanks to to the new York wine week we hav a fantastic italian wine Centorri moscato from Eleanor Estate definetly recommanded!

Reviewed May 6, 2016

We were so fortunate when we were referred to Via Emilia by a friend on our recent trip to New York and we were able to get a table here. I can't remember what we ate except that it was sublime and that the portions were just right.

We were about four days into our New York trip on a Monday night and were suffering from portion overload and so had been too afraid to order a starter and a main course for fear of being overloaded - rest assured that at Via Emilia you can do this. You will want to eat more of their beautiful food if you can. We did have space for a dessert though so we had that and it was wonderful.

William cooks wonderful things and you will find yourself wanting to taste more and more of them. I only wish that he had a restaurant in Amsterdam so that we could eat there more often. Stunning food and great restaurant, do yourself a big favour and go!

1  Thank AshinAmsterdam
Reviewed April 21, 2016

Visited very recently and enjoyed the most fabulous, light, satisfying lasagna ever! This restaurant, and the owners, are truly lovely. Service, attention to detail, clean, sleek smart restaurant with fabulous food in a very understated way. Very reasonably priced for what you get. Lasagna is to die for!

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

Having come here 8 years ago I was very happy to see the restaurant was still around on my recent visit. The food and service then was amazing so my first Saturday in town I booked up here. The food was ok and due to some poor choices on my part and having sent back a course barely eaten they were very gracious and refunded that course and gave me an additional free dessert. On my last night here as the service had been so friendly I thought ok, let's return and have a lovely meal. My arrival was late (9:50pm when the restaurant closed at 11pm), but checking with them they were still serving. Happy to say the food this time was delicious, but within 10 minutes of me being there the music was switched off, everything was being cleared away and I was feeling incredibly awkward sitting there feeling I was outstaying my welcome. I rushed to finish (a $50 meal...with tip.......I know....) and sadly with that now as my leaving moment I am pretty upset when my previous memories had been so good.

1  Thank Tony C