“Good food and service.”
Review of The Smith

The Smith
Reserve with OpenTable
The Smith is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 10th and 11th Streets
Transit: N,Q,R,4,5,6 to Union Square ; R & W trains to 8th Street and 6 train to Astor Place ; L Train to 3rd Avenue
Description: The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite before a movie, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We made reservations and they were pretty close to on time, 15 minutes late. We did get a table were able to order leisurely, but received our food quickly. It was loud, but fun. I would eat there again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visit NYC every month. There are so many selections to make! It was a Feb. weekend night. We walked in The Smith and was able to get a table without wait or a reservation. Service was excellent. It was like a well oil machine! All the staff had a job and they were in tune with everyone's needs. The food was excellent! There was deviled eggs on the menu for an appetizer. I like to order different things so I ordered them. Wow! They beat my moms hands down! (I thought my moms were the best all these years.....wrong!). For my meal I selected a pot of mussels and my husband had chicken pot pie. We were both very satisfied. Portions was big but manageable. After having a bread pudding desert and finishing a carafe of Greek wine.....entertainment was the shared men/woman restrooms! We will go back even though we like to spread the wealth to trying new restaurants each time.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My NYC associate recommended The Smith. Not a large place. Waitress was very, very good. Made great recommendations including an asian named dish with edamame I never would have ordered without guidance and it was wonderful (Vegetable Bibimbap). Had a beer. Split the tab and my half was less than $30 with tip, quite reasonable for this part of the city. Nice atmosphere with a very light lunch crowd (it was very cold outside). Based on this experience I would feel comfortable returning with another business associate for a business lunch.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Kitchy kind of place that is full of people...very dynamic. Food is amazing...dont miss the mussels or the arugula salad...both are terrific. Make reservations as this place is always packed. All hard surfaces, so it is very loud, but somehow that just adds to the experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

A group of us went to the newest addition to Lincoln center area called the SMITH restaurant. While the food was good, it was so noisy, we couldn't hear what each other was saying. Maybe it is not geared for the over 50 crowd, but I can not remember enjoying such a racket even when I was in my 30's. Hate to say it, but if you are looking for a nice dinner with freinds, take a pass or bring ear plugs.