“Great beers, awkward bartenders”
Review of The Perfect Pint

The Perfect Pint
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Pint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 13,735 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway & 6th
Transit: Subway Times Square1 2 3 N R W A C S 7 Rockerfeller 47th Bryant Park:B D M F Grand Central 4 5 6 & Metro North
Description: A family-owned and operated bar and restaurant.
“Great beers, awkward bartenders”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

From an overcrowded Times Square it was a bit strange to enter an empty pub but one drunk person at the bar. Soon joined by a group of New Zealanders, fortunately. I did enjoy the good advice of one bartender and tried a very good Chicago IPA. Unfortunately I met the other bartender next.

To sum it ip: British-Irish interior and athmosphere, Harlem music, ESPN on tvs, cool, great selection of beers (on tap), strange tending. If you love beer you should try it!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Kerry
“First time & will be back!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my first time in the Perfect Pint although third time in New York. It was recommended by friends back home.

We went there the night before we left New York after a seven night holiday. First impressions was that it was so quiet that the food cant be up to much. We went up to the restaurant on the second floor and there were only 4 other guests there but it was too late to turn back (this place is 2 min walk from times sq we couldnt believe it)

My sister, mom and I order our drinks and food. We shared nachos for starters which were really good but the best was yet to come.

I had a steak sandwich and I must say it was the nicest I ever had cooked to perfection. My sister has crab cakes she said that it was her best meal in New York and my mom the burger and she is still raving about it.

The two members of staff there were friendly and chatty.

Additionally its worth nothing that there is a roof top bar there which serves food also and where the crowd was that nite as it was really hot.

If in New York defiantly go there and not overpriced for been 2 mins from Times Sq.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Note: This is a Beer-Only Review....We Didn't Try the Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Granted, it was after midnight by the time we landed, checked into our hotel, and had time to check out the neighborhood for a beer...but the bartender was not exactly overflowing with friendliness. Still, decent beer selection, and we had time for a couple of nice pints. Would be worth another try, next time I'm in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food, hospitality and beer!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here at last minute for beer and something to eat. Barman set the tone immediately with recommendations - even bringing samples of their feature beers for us to taste. When I declared a preference for one type (and disgust for two!) He suggested a shandy id never heard of and promised he'd not charge me if I didn't like it - I LOVED it! Then we had dinner from their specials menu - the steak was juicy and full of flavour; the salad I ordered was perfect - just the way I like it. All in all -a great choice.

Blue Ridge, Virginia
“Very good, but maybe not PERFECT”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent five fun-filled days in New York City. While there, we tried Italian, Greek, and on our last evening, Irish, at the Perfect Pint.

My friend ordered the fish and chips which looked very yummy. The portion was most generous and she couldn't finish it all. She also had a "pint" of beer, which was Irish and she enjoyed it.

I had the Shepherd's Pie. It was very tasty, but there were very few veggies in it. As many things are in NYC, it was a la carte, so there were no sides served and it was presented in a single container. It was a most generous portion, but again, there were very few veggies.

For dessert, I tried the apple pie a la mode, which was highly recommended by our sweet and very excellent server. It was probably home-made, but there was nothing truly remarkable about it. And for $6, it was a very small slice.

Several reviews on my TripAdvisor NYC guide absolutely RAVED about this pub. It was very nice inside... plenty of British-flavored ambiance with an interesting panel of black/white photographs depicting the making of beer. We did love the quiet, intimate setting... no loud music. It was PERFECT for being a haven from the madness of the streets outside!

However, I didn't really find this restaurant to be "perfect" as far as the dining goes. I will say it was the VERY GOOD Pint. :)

• Visited June 2013