“Very good, but maybe not PERFECT”
Review of The Perfect Pint

The Perfect Pint
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Pint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway & 6th
Transit: Subway Times Square1 2 3 N R W A C S 7 Rockerfeller 47th Bryant Park:B D M F Grand Central 4 5 6 & Metro North
Description: A family-owned and operated bar and restaurant.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent five fun-filled days in New York City. While there, we tried Italian, Greek, and on our last evening, Irish, at the Perfect Pint.

My friend ordered the fish and chips which looked very yummy. The portion was most generous and she couldn't finish it all. She also had a "pint" of beer, which was Irish and she enjoyed it.

I had the Shepherd's Pie. It was very tasty, but there were very few veggies in it. As many things are in NYC, it was a la carte, so there were no sides served and it was presented in a single container. It was a most generous portion, but again, there were very few veggies.

For dessert, I tried the apple pie a la mode, which was highly recommended by our sweet and very excellent server. It was probably home-made, but there was nothing truly remarkable about it. And for $6, it was a very small slice.

Several reviews on my TripAdvisor NYC guide absolutely RAVED about this pub. It was very nice inside... plenty of British-flavored ambiance with an interesting panel of black/white photographs depicting the making of beer. We did love the quiet, intimate setting... no loud music. It was PERFECT for being a haven from the madness of the streets outside!

However, I didn't really find this restaurant to be "perfect" as far as the dining goes. I will say it was the VERY GOOD Pint. :)

1  Thank hyker1

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went two times to the perfect pint, within a week, in June 2013. Both times we got a place at the roof bar, really great atmosphere. The beers are reasonably priced I would say, given its location almost directly at times square (around $7 per pint). The choice of beer is amazing (everything from Irish, German, Belgium, to US, etc). The staff is friendly and the roof bar really a pleasant place to hang around. The burger I ordered medium rare was well done, but that could have been also a coincidence; overall it made quite a good impression.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great location with a wonderful rooftop bar we enjoyed on a Saturday evening. The service is wonderful with very personable staff. The food was not even equivalent to decent "pub" fare. I would definitely return, though, for a pint and the rooftop ambience!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The pub was a few doors down from our hotel. The bartenders were always very friendly when we came in. All were from Ireland. The pub was what I would think a Pub in Dublin would be like. I didn't get to try the food, but the drinks were reasonably priced for a NYC bar.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Great beer selection along with good food and friendly service. Ideal location if you stay in Time Square. Beer drinkers paradise. The menu was moderately priced.