“Excellent Italian cuisine at good value”
Review of Aurora SoHo

Aurora SoHo
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurora SoHo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #432 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: Between Thompson and West Broadway
Description: The Menu: Aurora is proud to serve innovative Italian regional cuisine. All of our pasta, bread and desserts are made on the premises with fresh, seasonal ingredients. The Wine List: Our wine list represents all Italian regions, focusing on ancient, indigenous varietals, in the spirit of tasting Italian wines alongside their regional foods.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This restaurant was just around the corner from our hotel so seemed to good to be true when I read about it on Tripadvisor. The food is excellent - fresh, imaginative and authentic - and the setting is simple but comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and well-informed. And the wines that we tried were excellent. Great value. So much so that we went back for lunch the next day to explore some more of the menu. We will definitely return when next in NY.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

If the review were only for food and wine, would give an "excellent" review. I'll put my "gripe" out there to get it over with… We came to dine early around 5pm(had a show to catch later) as did quite a few other parties. THey insisted on seating all parties in the very back of the restaurant (even after request to move) as they proceeded to have a staff meeting (heard by all) in the front of the restaurant. The back of the restaurant had a VERY strong cleaning solution odor as they were visibly mopping the restrooms and floors. I mean, really, guys? you can't time this all differently? Okay, now that that is out of the way, the cleaning odor dissipated, all staff went back to their posts, and service was excellent, very attentive, the food truly is fantastic. So savory, perfectly flavored, authentic Italian dishes all served fairly quickly. We agreed that the portions were good sized. The wine list is excellent and the servers very knowledgeable with food and wine. We had 2 pasta dishes that were stellar. One was mushroom and the other a veal ragu. Appetizers including Calamari and a fresh Burrata- so fresh and delicious. We were able to walk from our hotel. The atmosphere is very warm and homey italian with a little contemporary flair. Would highly recommend this restaurant. Make a reservation and go later than 5pm to avoid the above.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I ran across this place using TripAdvisor. I'm glad I did! It's a special little place, with a very friendly staff that seem to appreciate quality and detail. The food and atmosphere were great. It made my day enjoyable. Best meal of the trip so far.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Aurora SoHo just keeps getting better. I wrote a rave review for this restaurant back in 2011 and have been coming back ever since. The place changes menus and specials to match the times and seasons and their great selection of wines are a welcome mix of new and familiar labels at fair prices. Wines by the glass never disappoint.
The staff seem to enjoy being there and they make everyone feel appreciated.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank L_Americano
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I found this restaurant on a whim when we were freezing cold and hungry. We took a look at the menu outside and decided to give it a try. When we pulled aside the curtain to enter we were warmly greeted by a good looking Italian guy. The restaurant was delicious and so cozy with pots and pans on the walls and cute decorations.

I definitely recommend the truffle fries and the pizzetta. The food was wonderful and so was the wine. For 2 in the afternoon it was very bustling and we had a great time.

If you can, try not to sit by the door to the kitchen, it was a little loud but didn't take away from our experience.