“Delicious”
Review of Market Table

Market Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Bedford Street
Transit: West 4th Street- A,C,E,B,D,F,V trains and Houston Street- 1 train are the nearest subway stops.
Description: Thank you for choosing Market Table. Should your plans change, please call us at 212.255.2100. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stopped by on a Saturday evening. It was busy but we had a reservation and we were seated immediately. There are windows all around so you get a clear view of the outdoors. Food was quite good. There were two of us and we both had the pan roasted chicken served with sweet potato and bok choy (see photo) - all cooked to perfection. We split the homemade ricotta cavatelli with wild mushroom and pork ragout appetizer - we liked this dish but didn't love it (just personal preference - I like cavatelli served traditionally Italian with tomato sauce). Service was ok - Very business like.

We would definitely go back. Excellent meal.

1  Thank iliketotravel123

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Can't put it in to words. Food was delicious. Services was really good! Will come again. Prices good as well. We were a party of 8 and were accommodated right away.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Meeting with a long time friend and former Floridian. Great lunch menu and quite reasonable for the excellent food they create. However the waitress apparently things that she can interrupt any conversation I had with my wife for her job. I thought restaurants are there for my pleasure and not to entertain the ones bringing me the food. Off course I must be mistaken. So we won't be back and certainly will expect our friends in NYC to spread the love. Enough competition in the fresh food business to not spend my hard earned dollars at this place.
Rudeness should not be rewarded !!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything we had was delicious. Ingredients were fresh beautifully presented and delicious. The Gem Salad the Beet special were great. The Hog Special was unusual and generous. The restaurant graciously split all of the items we ordered. The gelato for desert was great. Our waitress was helpful friendly and efficient. In short the whole experience was wonderful.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We dined at Market Table for the first time purely on the recommendations from TripAdvisor reviewers - we were not disappointed. With our wine we ordered a selection of cheeses - our favorite was the roomano from the netherlands; the description in the menu (butterscotch, crystaline, salty) was spot on....

Our meal started off with the homemade ricotta cavatelli w/ pork and mushroom ragu, rosemary, pinenuts, ricotta - To Die For!!! The blend of flavors was exceptional.

Moving to the main courses we ordered three entrees. The sautéed winter flounder was a bit over done to my liking and not to my expectation - a letdown here but we were soon to recover....

The pan roasted chicken w/ sweet potato salad, bok choy, hazelnut brown butter was delicious and done well. I was impressed by the flavor, tenderness and juiciness of the meat. And, not being a big fan of sweet potatoes to begin with, these were extraordinarily tasty and leaving me looking for MORE!

But the monkfish medallions w/ butter beans, arugula, lemon confit was the hit for the table. Perfectly seasoned and prepared. We all sampled and wished there were more on the plate.

For desert we sampled the flourless chocolate cake (w/ peanut butter mousse, brittle, banana chip gelato) and the orange blossom french toast (w/ almond butter, huckleberries, sour cream gelato) both were delicious but by far the french toast was our favorite. And the sour cream gelato could stand on its own as a desert selection.

Overall we found the staff and service to be very attentive and accommodating to our requests. I would highly recommend Market Table and look forward to returning on a future visit to the Big Apple!!!