“Happy Breakfast Table in West Village”
Review of Market Table

Market Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #539 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Bedford Street
Transit: West 4th Street- A,C,E,B,D,F,V trains and Houston Street- 1 train are the nearest subway stops.
Description: Thank you for choosing Market Table. Should your plans change, please call us at 212.255.2100. We look forward to welcoming you.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Happy Breakfast Table in West Village”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We found this place as we were walking around randomly deciding where to have breakfast. With so many places to eat in New York, we played our cards right with this one. Nice place and a nice breakfast served up right. I am getting accustomed to NYC prices, but three of us at $82.00 before tip is still more than I would like to spend for our order of pancakes, side of eggs, 2 bacon
orders, poached eggs , quiche and three juices. I gave up trying to budget in NYC. Enjoy the city and enjoy this place for a good breakfast!

• Visited October 2012

Burlington, North Carolina
“Great Meal and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a week night and it was delicious. It was our first time there and the food is unique and tasty. We had the fried clams for an appetizer. The chicken and pork dishes are out of this world. We skipped dessert. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. They only serve beer and wine.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank edel27215
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“I will happily sit at this Table”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I enjoyed a fantastic meal at this restaurant with a work colleague back in November. We were actually looking for a different establishment, but could not find it on Bleaker Street. We came across this restaurant and it looked nice from the outside, with a really good menu. The inside and experience did not dissapoint, the service was first class, the atmosphere was very urban chic and the food, well i remember the taste of the lamb to this day!! All in all one of the best restaurants i have been to, anywhere, and that is quite something..

• Visited November 2012
Wien
“THE place to go!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We chose to visit Market Table because of the reviews here and have to say this place is even better than we expected. The staff's great, the food is as well and the atmosphere of the restaurant is something you don't want to miss in a restaurant of this size and pricing. And: They have great wines to offer - even Austrian ones ;-)

When we had dinner, it even started to snow outside, which made the view of Bleeker and Carmine something special as well. But even without that romantic feeling, you should enjoy watching the streets outside, the food, the beverages, the service ...

Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“A great find!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had dinner at Market Table on a Tuesday night. The restaurant feels very cosy, with it's brick walls and dimmed lights. Plus, the music is not too loud, which is good. We ordered the beet and goat cheese salad and mentionned that we would share. They brought us two little salads instead of a big one. It's a fine (and rare) attention. The salad was very good, although I found the horseradish to be a bit overwhelming (but that's my personal taste). For my main course, I chose the veal cutlets, which can be quite blend or dry. This is one of the best veal I've ever had. It was perfectly seasoned, moist and tender. It was served with lemony artichokes and celery root puree. I wish there was more of that silky puree on the plate. My partner had the braised pork shoulder with grits, roots and a tasty apple-mostarda chutney. Her dish was equally delicious. The service was efficient but never intrusive. If I lived in New York, I would definitely become a regular at Market Table.

• Visited January 2013