“Excellant food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market Table

Market Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #367 of 13,477 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Bedford Street
Transit: West 4th Street- A,C,E,B,D,F,V trains and Houston Street- 1 train are the nearest subway stops.
Description: Thank you for choosing Market Table. Should your plans change, please call us at 212.255.2100. We look forward to welcoming you.
hamilton
“Excellant food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This place gives you value for your money. My food suggestion is the pan fried chicken and if you don't like sweet potatoes have it with their fries. The clams were fantastic. Service was friendly. Go eat there and have a walk around Greenwich Village.

Flemington, NJ
“Great food, great atmosphere and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had dinner at the market table and the place is very cozy with the dimmed lights, brick walls and rustic ceiling beams. Our waiter was very nice, took excellent care of us and made sure that we did not miss anything without hovering or being intrusive. The food was very good. We shared the beet salad and fries as appetizers. The beet salad was really great. The horseradish cream went very well with the beets and hazelnuts. Definitely one of the best variations on a goat cheese & beet salad I've ever had. The fries with cocktail sauce were very crisp, crunchy and lacked just a touch of salt, but the cocktail sauce was a nice addition. My main course, the pork shoulder was delicious (though if you're not interested in eating the fat, the dimmed lights can make the trimming/eating a bit more difficult). The grits were tasty, but my favorite part was the apple mostarda. That definitely was a nice compliment to the porc. My husband had the skate wing and found it just a touch to rich. For a fish dish it definitely seemed to be less on the lighter side. But he liked the flavors overall. Dessert was a wonderful chocolate terrine with salty caramel popcorn. Would definitely recommend this/eat there again.

• Visited January 2013
New York City
“Wonderful find in West Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My friend and I are a regular fixture for Saturday brunch on the Upper West Side, so the challenge was to find an equally good place for Sunday in the Village before a film. We arrived about twenty minutes before they opened but the welcoming staff invited us inside ten minutes early to get out of the chill. They pleasantly served us coffee while they finished getting ready. We both enjoyed a novel twist on eggs Benedict, prepared with prosciutto on a buttermilk biscuit and it was an inspired combo. The other menu offerings looked equally good and we'll be sure to head back here some time soon. Comfortable ambience, which for me means not blaring, pounding noise some places call music, and proficient, attentive service. We were NOT addressed as "you guys", which is used by everyone regardless of your gender or familiarity as much as the dreaded "awesome" and "amazing".

1 Thank goodtaste1
New Haven, Connecticut
“Feels very "New York"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Three generations of women (myself, my mom, and my Grandma) visited this restaurant for her 70th birthday this past weekend- and when we sat down my Grandma said, "this place feels very new york- like locals eat here." We have taken her to restaurant row for years- so this year we decided to do more inspired dining.

The interior of this space is simple but very relaxing and we got a corner table where we could look out on the street which is always nice.

Our service was great- nothing spectacular but the staff was very attentive and always clearing our table for us which is important to me. Did not feel rushed at all which is what we were going for.

The food was simply terrific- we all got a different white fish plate and all were so fresh and tasty. Mine was the Skate- which I had never tried before and was a unique experience. Butternut squash soup was the best I've ever had- and I've had a lot of butternut squash soups!

Overall a truly delightful restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, England
“Authentic NY dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked this restaurant in advance of our trip with the feeling that we would get a good dining experience without having to spend the big bucks. We were absolutely right. First of all the location was perfect. After spending 2 days trawling around the midtown area, we found Greenwich Village like a little oasis of calm. Market Table has huge windows which at night with the subdued lighting made for a very intimate and romantic setting.

The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable. Happy to advise in the case of any doubt. The menu reflected the seasonal highlights beautifully. I had a butternut squash soup as an appetiser followed by flounder with a lovely selection of vegetables. The sautéed cauliflower as a side was delicious. My partner had lamb belly followed by skate. All beautifully cooked.

We could not have wished for a more pleasant dining experience. Yes the tables are a little too close together for comfort, but this is a small blemish on an otherwise perfect experience.

2 Thank hollygo99