“Good lunch but pricey!”

Community Food & Juice
Ranked #746 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Celebration,Florida,USA
“Good lunch but pricey!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had lunch here with a group of friends and family. We were 5 people and we each had a simple salad or sandwich plus a non alcoholic drink. When the bill arrived I was stunned that it was well over $120 before the tip. Although all of the food was good, I do not think it was worth what we paid.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Baltimore, MD
“Always go there for the eggs benedict”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Whenever I stop over in NY, I indulge in the eggs benedict at community food and juice.

I love the ham and the hollandaise sauce and clean up the plate. The carrot hash browns are also pretty slick.

Service is fast and good.

• Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“I'm disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had fantastic memories of brunch here the last time I was in NYC a few years back. This time round, I went on a weekday and was disappointed by the selection and flavours. I had the burger cos there were so few choices for brunch. The burger was well done when I asked for medium rare and I had to send it back. The fries were the best thing about the meal. And it took so long both times. I'm no longer dreaming about the brunch there. Maybe it's got a better weekend brunch menu? And it's frightfully noisy!

• Visited June 2012
Cairo, Egypt
“Best breakfast in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I used to live around the corner from this place and though there were plenty of good breakfast options to choose from in the area, Community is by FAR the best. The farmers plate and the maple butter french toast are UNBELIEVABLE. I used to take my out-of-town visitors to this place as well and they would pretty much refuse to go to any other place for breakfast after that. Place is really modern and clean, food is delicious... the only negative is if you go for brunch you'll have to wait in line (its worth the wait).

And now that I no longer live in NY, I still dream of a perfect breakfast from community. They would make a killing if they opened in Cairo. ::sigh::

• Visited April 2012
Massachusetts
“Good food, but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This a pleasant local-foods spot up near Columbia that has a huge following. There was a line when we arrived and we scored one of the few remaining lunchtime tables. The menu is broad and filled with some really intriguing items. I had the "bowl of beet"--heirloom beets with goat cheese, balsamic drizzle and pistachios. It was a nice light lunch, but low on flavor and high on price. I'd give this place another shot.

• Visited March 2012