“Awesome empanadas, great value, hole-in-the-wall!”
Review of Empanada Mama - CLOSED

Empanada Mama
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, South American
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Awesome empanadas, great value, hole-in-the-wall!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely delicious and fresh empanadas. Try the spicy chicken and the Brasil. Also the natural fruit shakes and the amazing dessert empanadas - my favorite is the one called Romeo and Juliet. Service is friendly although the place is often very crowded. Quintessentially New York! Love it!

1 Thank worldexplorersid

• Korean first
Pine, Colorado
“It was good and reasonable”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was hopeful this would be amazing. We enjoyed ourselves anyway. The empanadas and areas were a little hard/overcooked on the outside. Food overall needed more flavor. Fine, friendly service, just ok food. Hard to imagine it's so highly rated on TripAdvisor, but maybe we ordered the wrong things. Ate small plates not entrees. The menu looks very creative. I'm open to returning, especially late night or take out.

• Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice place, tasty food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Cool decor, and the empandas are pretty tasty. I went with a friend and tried 6 different savory ones, and 3 sweet. All cooked well with no complaints there! Note: It is a very small restaurant & the tables are close together.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank sunshine15106
NYC
“Best Empanadas and Red Sauce”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I eat here a couple times a month. Most of the time I order empanadas, which are always delicious. I've tried other items which are good as well. My absolute favorite thing is the red sauce. I keep some in my fridge so when I order from other places I can use it on their food.

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent empanadas”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went on a weekday evening and got seated within 5 minutes. The place is a bit cramped, but the empanadas are all amazing! We tried 6-7 amongst the 3 of us, and there wasn't a single one I wouldn't try again. And the apple cider drink with a shot of whisky was incredible! I highly recommend this place for anyone staying in Midtown Manhattan.

• Visited December 2013