“Empanadas galore!”

Empanada Mama
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, South American
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fantastic food and great service. Brought me back to my teenage years in VZ! It is a tight space and an area where you should be social with those at sit next to you. I look forward to coming back to here!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Afte almost 2,5 weeks travelling around USA we tried out thus place, and it one of 3 top restaurants so far! Or if u count how cheap it is, is provebly THE BEST. The food was great, the drink was great, the service was very helpful but they were buzy. The only minus is the SOUND. Its a very smal place and its crowded, as soon as someone left, another came in. I almost couldnt hear my partner or the server. BUT no other restaurant nearby was as crowded as this one, most of them were emprty or few customers. So that says something ? And i read that they were opend 24/7 and the also have delivery. Me and my boyfriend orderd 3 startes and just one main course and WE WERE FUL! Specially because of the banana chips in the begining. Cheers

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Try the rigatone empanada--tasty. Busy place, great service. Food come pretty quick so a good place to eat if you are on the run.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We found this pleasant yet tiny restaurant in Hells Kitchen area and were very happy with our stop. The empanadas are wonderful and they make many many many varieties to order. They are smaller and are about $4 each. My teenage boys ate about 4 each so it was a bit pricey for kids who eat a boatload but the QUALITY and SERVICE was unmatched. The plantains with guac were ah-mazing..I could have just eaten a bowl of those for lunch! They offer plate specials
That were $13 each as well as many other Latin dishes. Very gracious service, pleasant help, bright cheerful atmosphere and cold a/c on a hot NY July day! I would go back again..everyone enjoyed it !

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food smelled great and I liked the menu. I will never know whether it was any good. We arrived during lunch and the hostess asked if we would sit on the barstools against the wall. We said OK and sat. The stools were small, wobbly and uncomfortable and faced a tiny, narrow ledge. Ours were where the door interfered. Before our waitress had ever spoken to us (5-10 minutes in) a table opened. We got the attention of the hostess and asked if we could sit at the table. She said that she had promised it to a couple of women who were already at the ledge ahead of us. We asked if we could move away from the door, or wait for a table. She said they were busy. It was lunch. You have to stay where you are seated and she let the other people move because they come there often. We said we should probably go somewhere else. She grabbed our menus and walked away. Wow. Just wow.

1  Thank florala