“Empanadas very good.”

Empanada Mama
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, South American
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant was right down from the apartment we rented in NYC. It is very small. Literally you can't get in to the chair unless the table is moved. You brush elbows with the person beside you. It was very loud (music) while there.

Our food was great. The guacmole was very good. There were 5 of us-most of us orderd the empanadas. I ordered 2 empanadas and an order of rice. My husband ordered one of the entrees which he said was very good. It wasn't expensive at all.

If you are in the area it is a great place to have a bite to eat for a fun lunch or dinner. Just be aware it is loud and close.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just one thing to say...
WORLD'S FIRST CLASS empanadas....
An hour to wait ? No problem ! Put me on the list... This is one of the only place I wait that amount of time to be seated... It is worth it !
Service is great. Food is awesome and it is quite cheap !
There are empanadas... And there are empanada mama!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't looking as forward to trying Empanada Mama as my wife was on our recent first time trip to NYC. So glad we went! It was in our top 3 places we ended up eating at over 5 days! Great a la' carte empanadas, great prices, friendly staff, in a youthful, trendy atmosphere. Tried the Spicy Chicken, Cheese Steak, Mambo Italiano, and the TJC (tuna, jalepeno, cheese) and they were all AWESOME!! Even if you've never had anything like it, TRY IT! Quite a different take on the traditional empanada.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

went there on september 19, 2012 after reading all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor, I was in NYC on a business trip and had only a couple of hours to get lunch, the restaurant is cool, the service was good but.....the food......the food was ok, but that's it! believe me, being mexican I've tasted better guacamole than that a million times, and the empanadas are ok but if you have been in argentina or mexico you'll know that this are barely average......and overpriced too, 3 bucks for one empanada? c'mon!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Small restaurant but best empanada's in the city. Lots of to go as well. Great prices! Open late for those late night cravings!