“Small restaurant with big taste & service”
Review of Land

Land
Ranked #903 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Since they don't accept reservations I was surprised that I had to wait for a table when I got there but was probably waiting 15min max and were seated before people there before us. Yes the restaurant is small and probably not the best place for a private coversation but the size gives the restaurant a real buzz and life.

The service was extremely attentive and glasses were topped up quite frequently. My partner order the thai green curry which was a bit too hot for me so I tried to order a glass of milk to calm the heat however the very nice waitress suggested a thai tea which worked wonders and was extremely tasty too. I wasn't charged for the drink which was a good little bonus.

Overall the flavours of the food were excellent and one of the best thai restaurants I have been too. The wine list wasn't that good but then again the prices were extremely reasonable (no bottle over $32 if I recall). Would happily go back again!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was tasty, we got Pad Thai and Thai beer. The menu is limited, the service was good although the waitress brought our food with slighter variation from the way we asked.

The locale is very narrow and long, seating is all persons aligned in two rows with the tables in between, light was dimmed.

Although the food was good and we have no meaningful complaints, I don't see why this place is ranked #55 in NYC, where you have so many choices.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family of five - four adults and one child, came upon Land after a few hours at the Museum of Natural History. It's about a 10-minute walk from the museum. It is an intimate restaurant, about 8 tables. We came in at about 5:00 pm and were seated right away. We ordered a few appetizers: veggie dumplings, chicken satays, lettuce wraps, root vegetable spring rolls, the lemongrass soup and the galangal soup. For our mains, we each had the pad thai. The food was very tasty and very fresh. The menu provided numerous options for those who wanted meat or veggie/tofu. The service was fast, but we did not feel rushed. It was a cozy environment and we felt like we were having a home-cooked meal. The price ended up being just over $100 (which included a beer, a glass of wine, tea, and soft drinks). We felt full and satisfied when the meal was over. Would certainly return here.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

A bustling tiny restaurant easily missed, tucked away on Amsterdam Avenue ... But what a superb find!! a special treat was the white snapper (which was the fish of the day) beautifully prepared. Others at my table were vegetarian and were impressed with the restaurant's willingness to adapt the menu to both strict vegetarian diets and to season dishes as requested. The ice creams were amazing, especially the dorian fruit ice cream! We will certainly return and highly recommend!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have eaten at Land every time I visit my brother in NYC. It never fails to impress. The choice of meals is short, but I have never found this to be limiting. There is always the option of substituting meat within the choices. In addition there are always a few specials which are always excellent. It is tight on space and since you can't reserve a table it can get busy outside waiting for a table. Even in a windy and cold December it doesn't stop me wanting to go to Land. The staff are great, look after you really well and always have a smile. I've been in NYC five days and already had two meals at Land and counting the days to the next NYC visit.