“Wonderful thai restaurant, near the Metropolitan Museum of Art”
Review of Land

Land
Ranked #804 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed November 14, 2012

After walking around the Metropolitan Museum of Art all afternoon we searched for nearby Thai restaurants and this was a few blocks away. The food was excellent and the service was great. The bill was quite reasonable and we thought it was an excellent choice. I had the whole fried fish and it was great!

2  Thank Jopoloco

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Found this on TripAdvisor with stunning reviews. To look at it from the outside, it doesn't look like much - it's a tiny restaurant and is very narrow. It gets busy so we recommend getting there early. Ordered the Basil Citrus Coolers which were a revelation and the mixed appetisers to start - these were incredible! Then ordered Drunken Noodles and a cashew-shrimp-rice dish which were both some of the nicest food we have ever eaten at a restaurant. Very authentic, reasonably priced, excellent attentive staff, quality and the yummiest food - a hidden gem. Go there!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Though the group I was with knew Thai food, I did not and was a little 'scared'. Discovered incredible flavors all around the table as everyone loved their meals. The calamari appetizer was simply awesome. Everything appropriately portioned and enjoyed a Singha beer!

1  Thank ColoradoMountainBoy
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Arriving around 8pm on a Sunday evening the small restaurant was fully packed, but we got a table for 2 right away. It's also a place that delivers and you see the runners leaving with big bags non-stop. A good sign.
If you're looking for some privacy, don't go here, because all tables (only 12 tables for 2 if I counted it right) are really close together. They will pull the table away from the wall for you to make space to move into the couch.
We had a combination of beef and chicken satey with peanut sauce as a starter. Yummie.
As a main course I had the wok cashew nuts with sugar snaps, chicken and white rice and my partner had the crab noodles. Bot delicious and good medium portions. All was fresh and tasty.
Wine is pricy compared to the food. A glass of (really nice) Malbec red wine was 10 dollars while my main dish was only 12 dollars. They do fill up your water constantly.
A place with really nice food for a good price. I would return and will recommend to others.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

To complete a diverse dining week, we select Land Thai Restaurant on Amsterdam. We had a 30 minute wait so we decided to go next door to the Dead Poets Bar. We did not hear our phone page and were pleasantly surprise when someone from Land found us at the bar to tell us our table was ready. The appetizers were good but I did not care for the texture of the sumdim - covered in soggy greens - not a fan but the taste was good. We all enjoyed our entrees and I heartily recommend the Creme brulee for dessert. This is a tiny restaurant with a solid local following so you may have a wait but it is worth it.

1  Thank fantifan