“Great food and cheapest dinner I've had in NYC”
Review of Sake Bar Hagi

Sake Bar Hagi
Ranked #1,824 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Andover, Massachusetts
“Great food and cheapest dinner I've had in NYC”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Sake Bar Hagi had all the right ingredients for fun, dive restaurant. You would walk right by it and not notice this hidden gem. If you dared to look down the stairs you'd notice a line of anxious diners all wanting to get in. The restaurant had a mix of regulars and tourists in the tiny space. I sat at the bar, looked at the menu and was stumped what to order. The bartender was extremely helpful and recommended something that wasn't on the menu. I'm not sure what it was except it was served in a pottery pot, delicious broth (spicy) with tofu, chicken, and vegetables. Will definitely need to come back the next time I'm in NYC.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious Food and Drink”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A colleague and I ate here on our first night in the city. It was an easy walk from both of our hotels. The food was great, not overpriced, and my drink was delicious! I will definitely eat here again even though there are thousands of choices in the city.

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“someone wrote treasure as their title and I agree!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Delicious from the drinks to the food to the mochi ice cream. Well you really can't go wrong with mochi ice cream lol. But the calpico alcohol drinks were delicious. My friend had the peach flavor and husband had the lychee flavor. Ugh, they were so good that I am still remembering their flavors 2 days later lol! My green apple flavor was just okay though. We ordered so much food since the prices were very reasonable. I ordered the Kushi Mori A Set, Rice Ball (spicy cod roe), and a croquette noodle bowl. They were all very flavorful and filling. The place was small but I really liked the ambience. I wish I lived nearby so I could go to this place again and again.

• Visited June 2014
Prague
“Fantastic food! Cheeky customer service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Found this place online and had to try it! Long line and non reservation but that added to the experience! Mixed tables and close quarters with others but we enjoyed that sort of dining! Food was fantastic and amazing value. Had a fantastic night there and would recommend to others! The only thing that let it down was being dragged to the side at the end on the way out and being demand to give more of a tip than we provided which is pretty rude and not what we expected from a place like this! That put a downer on the whole experience!

• Visited May 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Good Japanese food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The place is kind of hard to find with only one small door, but when you go downstairs into the restaurant you find a lively place full of people and nice food. We had to wait for quite a while, but it was a Saturday night so it was ok. We ordered several different dishes and shared, and they were all really good and decently priced. The staff was helpful and the service was quick and smooth. Over all a really good experience!