“Good food, tastefully presented” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Natsumi

Natsumi
Reserve with OpenTable
Natsumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway + 8th Avenue
Transit: Subways: C E, 1, B D F V
Houston, Texas
“Good food, tastefully presented”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

After the reviews here, my friend and I went. The shrimp and chicken dumplings were nicely seasoned, and we had the chef's choice meal and sushi: both good and very nicely displayed. Prices weren't through the roof and it had nice ambience. I'd go again.

washington, dc
“Creative Japanese near Broadway theaters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

A great pre-theater choice. Decent Sake selection, very fresh sushi, and reasonable for the high quality of the food. Service could be a little better, but it was mobbed with pre-theater diners all arriving at once. Tables are a little too small. But I would definitely return.

Visited April 2014
Bronx, New York, USA
“Fresh & Inventive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

nice sushi place - good happy hour - the tempura sushi roll is the best - nice inexpensive bottles of wine also

Visited February 2014
1 Thank HAYNES5
Orange, Virginia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a whim during our most recent NY stay. We did not have a reservation, on a Friday night around 8pm, and we were seated with no problem. We decided to sit at the sushi bar itself to watch the guys making everything and had a lot of fun.

Our server was very knowlegable about sake, which may seem silly, but it was helpful because we keep wanting to like it, but couldn't find anything we liked. She recommended one called Wakitaki and it was WONDERFUL.

The guys making the sushi were talking and laughing the whole time and they seemed just as facinated by us watching them as we were. We were in cocktail attire; I didn't notice if others were similarly dressed or if it was more casual. They made us a "chef's special" appetizer of cucumber, salmon, avocado, jalapeno, and roe... which was WONDERFUL! I don't like spicy food so I had my husband try it first; the avocado must have balanced it out because I was able to eat it and it was phenomenal. It was a rice-less sushi that the guy made "for fun", he said.

I ordered the Maki (?) special, where you can pick 3 types of sushi/rolls for $18. My husband had the Chef's Specialty, which was $25 (I think). Mine had 18 pieces of sushi total (3 types, 6 pieces of each), I can't remember how many my husband had.

Even though we eat sushi frequently, my husband has never mastered chopsticks. They ribbed him about it but made him "kid's chopsticks", which he used while laughing the whole time. I'm sure they would have given him a fork but he wanted to learn and the server spent a few minutes showing him how to use chopsticks.

They were also kind enough to point us in the direction of a good bakery when we asked where we could get cupcakes for our friend, who had a birthday during our trip.

I will definitely be going back the next time we are in NY!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kelly B
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
“delectable sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Googled sushi in NYC and found natsumi. What a great find! Sushi was out of this world and the service and atmosphere was equally impressive. Highly recommend!

Visited March 2014