“Wonderful menu and great service”
Review of Fig & Olive Uptown

Fig & Olive Uptown
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,288 of 13,822 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: between 62 St & 63 St
Transit: Subway: F Train to Lexington Ave/63rd Street station; 4,5,6 Train to 59th Street/Lexington Ave station; N,R,W Train to Lexington Ave/59th Street station
Description: At FIG & OLIVE, we want to highlight our menu’s core ingredient of olive oil, which we use in place of butter in our dishes. From a sweet and delicate olive oil from the French Riviera that pairs well with a Steamed Lemon Sole Papillote to an assertive Spanish Picual or a Tuscan olive oil that holds its own with Seared Salmon with Fennel and Green Olives, and a green-fruit Provence olive oil that we serve with a Green Apple Sorbet. Our cuisine along with an elegant white, green and terra-cotta décor immerse our guests into the essence of the Mediterranean region.
Vineland, New Jersey
“Wonderful menu and great service”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We choose this restaurant because it was near our son's apartment and the menu looked great. We were not disappointed. We shared Beef Carpaccio and Truffle Mushroom Croquette. I love the carpaccio. I don't like mushrooms, but everyone else loved them. I had the Veal Milanese-
Breaded veal escalopine, roasted tomato, sautéed broccolini with thyme and garlic, pesto fettuccine, tomato mascarpone sauce. It was wonderful. My husband had Fig and Olive Chicken-
Moroccan spiced free range chicken served with fig, olive, apricot, carrot, zucchini, cipollini onion
tomato, toasted almond, couscous with cilantro and harissa – Hojiblanca Olive Oil which quickly disappeared. My son had Penne Funghi Tartfo-Cremini and black trumpet mushroom, parmesan
parsley, scallion – White Truffle Olive Oil With grilled chicken and his girl friend had Fettuccine Shrimp Mascarpone-Grilled shrimp, San Marzano tomato, cherry tomato, scallions
micro-basil and mascarpone infused with rosemary. Both really enjoyed their meals. We did not
order dessert because we were stuffed(I brought 1/2 of mine home). There service was great. Our server, Braulio was attentive, funny and one of the best servers I've seen in a long time. I would love to go back and try some of the other items on on the menu. Make reservations!

• Visited January 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were lucky to get a walk in early on Saturday night. by 6.30pm the restaurant was full. Food was great, highly recommend the Chicken Tagine. Service was a little patchy, one waitress seemed to be covering most of the busy restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal
“Solid restaurant with fantastic coffee”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to eat at this restaurant twice while I was in NY touring with my wife.

We went the first time for lunch and everything was very good. We shared a few crostinis as well as a sandwich and the mushroom pasta. My only complaint would be that they use a lot of olive oil in everything they make, but it is of high quality and given the name of the place it makes sense.

I must also add that the cappuccinos and lattes here are very good.

I will definitely be back in the future.

• Visited December 2013
“Recommended”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here the first night we arrived in NYC. Friendly staff & a good fixed price menu - $38. Very enjoyable, although the drinks were pricey.

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Enjoyable restaurant on the Upper East Side”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The carrot soup is especially nice as are the salads. My friend had the tarte and said it was delicious. The service isn't rushed and the restaurant is convenient to the Frick and the Met.

• Visited November 2013