“Great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 33rd and 34th Streets
Description: Established in 2012, Ethos Meze is a new Mediterranean meze (tapas) restaurant and bar located on the corner of 36th Street and 3rd Avenue. Here at Ethos Meze our Chefs have infused the tastes of Mediterranean cuisines to create unique dishes both meze and large. Our owners have designed and constructed Ethos Meze to mimic the Mediterranean ocean with spectacular blue lighting and a flowing wave-like ceiling. As you sip on one of our original cocktails such as our Greek Mojito, Black Martini or enjoy a bottle of our Organic Greek wines, we are sure Ethos Meze will become your new favorite dining experience.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

No wait for our reservation, service was excellent. Our party of four selected menu items and specials. Everything was terrific. Try the spreads from the appetizers, and definitely have the ethos chips.
We all love seafood, and recommend the orzo (Greek paella, as the menu describes it), the borzini and the specials, whatever they are.
We would definitely recommend it and we will be back again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Mark my words- Greek is the next big thing. Its so healthy and good for you. The menu has something for everyone- even picky eaters. Walking into the restaurant you notice the pre-requesite tilework on the bar (as is typically found in greek diners) and colorful chairs on the terrace. We went for lunch and sat outside. The waitstaff and employees were all charming and super helpful. I had a salad with Octopus and Houlumi cheese. The Octopus was one of the best I've ever eaten. Really tender and great taste of the grill reminding me summer's not over yet! My husband had a slider trio of Kefte, Lamb and Gyro and thought it was outstanding. In a city filled with Tuna and hamburgers its a refreshing change. The restaurant has a nice cozy vibe and great food to match. Will definitely go back for dinner!

1  Thank FashionFriend
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ethos is our neighborhood Greek restaurant. However, that it is on Manhattan Island and not on Mykonos or Samos, is totally surprising. We recently traveled to Greece and noted that our neighborhood Greek restaurant was equal to or better then the restaurants that we tried in Athens and the Islands. Surprising but true!

1  Thank Graysb01
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This reinvented greek corner place, there used to be another greek restaurant here is very popular with the local population. Specially if you eat dinner at 6-8 pm. There some decent dishes, but overall is a lot of hype. My grilled calamari made me think I was eating sand paper, with I though was sand but probably were carbonized grill particles (many).
The wine selection is very much on the greek side, which is no good. I will stick to the appetizers and stay away from the main courses, mostly overcooked grill fishes . The place can be noisy on weekends. Certainly I felt I overpaid for mediocre food, $140 (2 people).

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I absolutely love this place! The octopus in my appetizer was seriously the best I've ever had. The entrees are really good, especially the chicken with orzo in a clay pot and the salmon wrapped in grape leaves. They also give a nice dessert at the end of the meal.

2  Thank abs628