“Superb Greek restaurant that can become a bit crazy at times.”
Review of Ethos Meze - CLOSED

Ethos Meze
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 33rd and 34th Streets
Description: Established in 2012, Ethos Meze is a new Mediterranean meze (tapas) restaurant and bar located on the corner of 36th Street and 3rd Avenue. Here at Ethos Meze our Chefs have infused the tastes of Mediterranean cuisines to create unique dishes both meze and large. Our owners have designed and constructed Ethos Meze to mimic the Mediterranean ocean with spectacular blue lighting and a flowing wave-like ceiling. As you sip on one of our original cocktails such as our Greek Mojito, Black Martini or enjoy a bottle of our Organic Greek wines, we are sure Ethos Meze will become your new favorite dining experience.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ethos is our neighborhood Greek restaurant. However, that it is on Manhattan Island and not on Mykonos or Samos, is totally surprising. We recently traveled to Greece and noted that our neighborhood Greek restaurant was equal to or better then the restaurants that we tried in Athens and the Islands. Surprising but true!

1  Thank Graysb01

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This reinvented greek corner place, there used to be another greek restaurant here is very popular with the local population. Specially if you eat dinner at 6-8 pm. There some decent dishes, but overall is a lot of hype. My grilled calamari made me think I was eating sand paper, with I though was sand but probably were carbonized grill particles (many).
The wine selection is very much on the greek side, which is no good. I will stick to the appetizers and stay away from the main courses, mostly overcooked grill fishes . The place can be noisy on weekends. Certainly I felt I overpaid for mediocre food, $140 (2 people).

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I absolutely love this place! The octopus in my appetizer was seriously the best I've ever had. The entrees are really good, especially the chicken with orzo in a clay pot and the salmon wrapped in grape leaves. They also give a nice dessert at the end of the meal.

2  Thank abs628
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at Happy Hour for drinks and apps, very good. Will be worth a visit for dinner. Service and the food we had were excellent.

1  Thank Fred D
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whenever I'm looking for something delicious & well priced for the neighborhood, we go to Ethos. The service is friendly & fast. We eat at Ethos about once a month.

1  Thank Elie C