“Must try!”
Review of Tree Bistro

Tree Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tree Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: between 11th and12th st
Transit: Take L train to 1st ave., 6 train to astor place, R/W trains to 8th/NYU, M15 uptown bus to 1st ave./11th st., M15 downtown bus to 2nd ave./12th st. and M8 cross-town bus on 8th st. to 1st ave.
Description: tree serves thoughtfully prepared bistro fare in a casual friendly atmosphere, from small plate charcuterie delights to delectable standards like steamed PEI mussels or steak frites with parmesan truffle fries, along with a full and eclectic seasonal menu. A well rounded wine list, draft and bottled beers, cheese plates and great desserts are also available (don't miss the fried oreo!). Guests can eat in the intimate dining room for a cozy meal, or in the more expansive canopied walled garden - an enchanting secret spot in the heart of the city. The garden is also a great festive space for private parties. Open Tuesday thru Thursday 5-11 pm, Friday & Saturday 5 pm -midnight, delivery service available.
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Cozy European feel, and a beautiful tented garden that you can enjoy all year round. Delicious food, great service. I had scallops and a smoked trout tart. Fabulous! We love it! Back garden can be rented for private functions. Sometimes there's great music too. It's a little gem!

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We were very warmly greeted when we walked in. I asked about the garden seating area which was closed but the owner was very pleased to show it to us. We would love to come back when the weather is a bit warmer. The service and food were both excellent. The wine options very nice and reasonably priced. A great dining experience.

1  Thank gary m
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Really good food, really good people, really good restaurant. We came here for my daughter's birthday, she won't forget it, and neither will we!!!!

1  Thank wjxy
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I travel a lot internationally, but whenever I'm in New York, I have to visit Tree Bistro. The owner, Colm, has taken great detail in making this an amazing restaurant. The chef prepares excellent dishes that never disappoints. The décor is beautiful and you can't miss enjoying the incredible hidden garden in the back. Tree Bistro is an excellent choice for a casual meal with friends, or celebrating that special occasion. But what tops it off as an epic experience are the people. There's nothing I enjoy more in Tree than to spend time getting to know the staff and clients, while enjoying an amazing glass of wine or relaxing beer. I don't give excellent ratings often, but Tree Bistro is certainly well deserving, and I look forward to my next visit!

2  Thank Newyorker2LA
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We visited Tree Bistro on a busy Saturday night and chose to be seated outside in the garden area to take advantage of the early September weather. Two large groups were seated just before us, so the team would have been forgiven if service had been slow. Much to the contrary all of the staff were extremely friendly and attentive, and we didn’t feel as though their attention was elsewhere at all. All of our choices were delicious, but I will remember the French onion soup for a long time! Thank you for the oreo surprise Colm, and the after dinner chats! We’ll definitely be back the next time we're In New York.

2  Thank Oh_Eadaoin