“Amazing cheesecake”

Ranked #14 of 13,830 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Yate, United Kingdom
“Amazing cheesecake”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Most amazing cheesecake ever, definitely worth the walk. I tried the original, salted caramel and red velvet and they were all amazing. Red velvet was my fav :). I'd love to go back and try all of the other flavours. My only complaint was the individual cakes a too small and a $4 a bit expensive.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bogotá, Colombia
“Simply delicious”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have seen the place at TV, and marked it as one of our food spots in NYC, and the visit is really worth, those were the best cheesecakes we have eaten!!

1 Thank DiegoParra
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Yummy!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very good cheesecake! They don't offer slices of the whole cake, so you have to buy the mini ones for just a couple. These were really good. Reasonably priced. Wish they had better hours and were open at night!

Visited August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Mini Cheesecakes!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My friends and I went together here and were pleasantly surprised. I had a raspberry topped cheesecake and found it perfectly fluffy, sweet (but not too sweet), and with a generous crust. My friend's cappuccino cake was very flavourful. Easily one of the best, if not the best, cheesecake I ever had.

1 Thank Natalie M
Los Angeles, California
“Maker's Mark cheesecake. Yes, please!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Wife surprised me (and my co-workers) with a Maker's Mark cheesecake from Eileen's and needless to say, several diets were destroyed. All that you love from an excellent cheesecake with a bourbon flavor profile bonus.

Visited August 2014