WINNER WONDERLAND

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Ranked #21 of 13,263 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Bath, United Kingdom
“No trip to NYC is completed w/out Eileen's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I love the history and ethos here: passion for good cheesecake. More importantly, the cheesecake is out of this world! The little personal sized cakes are great for a wuick bite. They are also good to give people as gifts. I feel like I am transported in time when I go there. I always make a point of going to Eileen's whenever I am in the city- the journey from midtown is worth it and Spring St subway station is conveniently located nearby.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lightest cheesecake ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This cheesecake literally melts in your mouth. There are many different varieties to choose from, but the plain NY style is my absolute favorite. The cafe is tiny, and so you can always take it to go. I would definitely go back!

Visited July 2014
“Best Cheesecake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Based on this site, we checked out Eileen's. It was fabulous! She has 39 different flavors, even sugar free and gluten free.
Just call ahead if you have allergies, so they can take specialty cheesecake from the freezer and you can enjoy with your friends!

Odenton, Maryland
“Worth the travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Wow!!!!! This place is worth the travel from midtown. The cheesecake in any flavor is to die for. I purchased both a salted Carmel and a raspberry. If you make it out this way you will love them. A must stop and taste place I you are visiting NYC.

“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This place has some of the best cheesecake I have ever had. Make sure you stop in and get some at this establishment. The Carmel cheesecake was outstanding.