“Lightest cheesecake ever!”

Ranked #14 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This cheesecake literally melts in your mouth. There are many different varieties to choose from, but the plain NY style is my absolute favorite. The cafe is tiny, and so you can always take it to go. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Based on this site, we checked out Eileen's. It was fabulous! She has 39 different flavors, even sugar free and gluten free.
Just call ahead if you have allergies, so they can take specialty cheesecake from the freezer and you can enjoy with your friends!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Wow!!!!! This place is worth the travel from midtown. The cheesecake in any flavor is to die for. I purchased both a salted Carmel and a raspberry. If you make it out this way you will love them. A must stop and taste place I you are visiting NYC.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This place has some of the best cheesecake I have ever had. Make sure you stop in and get some at this establishment. The Carmel cheesecake was outstanding.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I dropped in for cheesecake in the late afternoon, after enjoying a tour of the SoHo area. When we heard that Eileen's Special Cheesecake was Frank Sinatra's favourite... well we just had to try it out. We were not disappointed. The small, circular cakes were light and delicious. Apparently the New York style cheesecake always has that type of crumb crust both on the base and around the cake. We would definitely go there again.