“The Best Cheesecake in New York City....” 5 of 5 stars

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Ranked #19 of 13,100 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“The Best Cheesecake in New York City....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I need to give a massive 'thank you' to Eileen and the team for organising a 40th Birthday cheesecake for my Wife. All of this was done via e-mails and the cheesecake was perfect (even worth a long walk to collect in the Midday sun). While we were waiting for the Birthday message to be put on the cake we were given a free taster of the salted caramel cheesecake which was exquisite. My Wife is also a fan of the Cherries & Cream soda that you serve. Thanks again for playing a massive part in a great weekend of Birthday celebrations.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bethpage, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“INCOMPARABLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

WOW. I've had lots of different cheesecakes from restaurants and even traditional family recipes, but I've never had a cheesecake anything close to what you'll get from Eileen's. These things are out of this world amazing, I promise you won't be disappointed. Definitely check them out!

1 Thank Andrew D
Hamden, Connecticut
“AMAZING Cheesecakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was at a fundraiser this week on Long Island, and Eileen's had donated some mini-cheesecakes to the event for snacking. They were AMAZING! I had about 4 or 5 different variations, and all of them were fantastic. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip out to get some more!

Visited June 2014
Huntington, New York
“Great cheesecake, great community sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I attended a fund raiser held by Satellite Lane A cappella for Theresa Academy for Performing Arts. Eileen's Special Cheesecake made a very generous and very tastey donation! My family and I sampled 4 different flavors of cheesecake, all were delicious!

Levittown, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I never thought I could like cheesecake....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Eileen's has completely changed my mind about cheesecake! I was never a fan for cheesecake- I couldn't find one that was sweet enough but not too sweet. Boy am I converted! Eileen's cheesecakes are AMAZING! I cannot rave enough about these desserts. Try their gluten-free cheesecakes- they are TO DIE FOR! and put a huge smile on the face of my gluten-free husband! Do not pass this up!

1 Thank Christine B