“INCOMPARABLE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Ranked #21 of 13,337 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Bethpage, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“INCOMPARABLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

WOW. I've had lots of different cheesecakes from restaurants and even traditional family recipes, but I've never had a cheesecake anything close to what you'll get from Eileen's. These things are out of this world amazing, I promise you won't be disappointed. Definitely check them out!

1 Thank Andrew D

• Turkish first
Hamden, Connecticut
“AMAZING Cheesecakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was at a fundraiser this week on Long Island, and Eileen's had donated some mini-cheesecakes to the event for snacking. They were AMAZING! I had about 4 or 5 different variations, and all of them were fantastic. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip out to get some more!

Visited June 2014
Huntington, New York
“Great cheesecake, great community sevice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I attended a fund raiser held by Satellite Lane A cappella for Theresa Academy for Performing Arts. Eileen's Special Cheesecake made a very generous and very tastey donation! My family and I sampled 4 different flavors of cheesecake, all were delicious!

Levittown, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I never thought I could like cheesecake....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Eileen's has completely changed my mind about cheesecake! I was never a fan for cheesecake- I couldn't find one that was sweet enough but not too sweet. Boy am I converted! Eileen's cheesecakes are AMAZING! I cannot rave enough about these desserts. Try their gluten-free cheesecakes- they are TO DIE FOR! and put a huge smile on the face of my gluten-free husband! Do not pass this up!

1 Thank Christine B
“Good tasting cheesecake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I really liked the fluffiness of the cheese part. Also great that they come in small individual cakes as there's lots of good food to try in the area!