“Juniors? Who's Juniors? Hands down THE BEST!!!”

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Ranked #14 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Juniors? Who's Juniors? Hands down THE BEST!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Perfection. Every time we're in New York, this is our first stop...even before the hotel!!!! Eileen's IS New York!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Paris
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

OMG these cupcakes are so so good!!!
First, I love them because of their sizes. They're individual small ones so you don't feel that heavy (and guilty) for the rest of the day when you have one... Then, the top/cheese is soft and spongy as I love them !! We had the classic and the caramel ones. They have other pastries but din't try them.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good, but not sure it's the best!?!?”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Good, but not sure the best! Long way to go if your not visiting SOHO. They serve small individual cakes instead of the more usual large slices! Enjoyed the cake but not sure it should be ranked as high as it is!!!

New York City, New York
“I have never had a best dessert in my life”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Eileen's Special Cheesecake is the best cheesecake I ever had in my entire life. There is a huge variety of flavors and types of dessert and I cannot really tell which one is my favorite, because every time I try a new one, it adds up to my list of favorite desserts. Simply delicious!

Since I found out about it, Eileen's Special Cheesecake has become a ritual to me. Every time I go to New York I have to go at least twice in the same week. The prices are very affordable for everyone also. I think it is the best bakery I have ever been to.

Congratulations Eileen for so many years of success in your business!

Hamilton, Bermuda
“The BEST I've ever had”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was honestly the BEST cheesecake I have ever had. I can't speak for the flavored cheescakes, but I had the original, and OMG was I ever so sorry, that I had only purchased a mini (I was on the way to airport, so couldn't go back for more :-( ). It was perfectly light and the crust was sensational. I loved that they used a FRESH strawberry topping. I WILL BE BACK.

Visited September 2013