“Finally tried it!”

Ranked #14 of 13,822 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Georgia
“Finally tried it!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

And the verdict? Excellent! We ordered plain, mango, blueberry, and some cookies. All were very good, except mango was a tad bit underwhelming according to my DD. Even the cookies were good, soft and delicious. We were there on an unusually cold and rainy afternoon. And it was totally worth the trip. As others have said, the place is very small but easy to find. We are definitely going back.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Worth finding!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife noted this place from a recommendation James Martin made on Saturday Kitchen as she knows how much I love cheesecake and I am very grateful for it! It is a tiny little place, that you'd likely have to be looking for to find and doesn't look much from the outside, but the array of mini cheesecakes in the counter were incredible, with at least 20 different flavours available. We had a strawberry and a blueberry and both were delicious - and a perfect size for a little treat.

We're going back to get another fix before we leave NY!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JoeChapman
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“My kind of cheesecake”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the more traditional NY cheesecake while in the city, and although we may have been unlucky in our choice, we much preferred this lighter more airy version of the dessert. Gorgeous flavour combinations and really fresh. Again, as in a few places I've reviewed, you'll be very lucky to get a seat in the store.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Curlypow44
New York City, New York
“Best Cheescake in New York”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Everythimes I'm going to new york I cannot miss this place. I love Cheesecake, and I'm thinking they made the best cheesecake that you can ever taste. the place is small but enough big to have the best. You can have all kind of cheescake.

• Visited March 2013
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Cozy, as expected”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Place is exactly as described in most of reviews: only several tables, perfect cheesecakes and nice atmosphere.

Adding wi-fi would be an advantage.
Place is worth pathing by after chinatown or little Italy, but I'll not go to the area just for this place.