“Best cheesecake in NY!”

Ranked #23 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Anytime I am New York a visit to Eileen's Cheesecake is a must!
The difficult part is which one to choose one you are in....there are so many different flavors and are all very yummy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent Cheesecake. Off the beaten path and not your normal tourist place. Excellent range of cheesecake and very helpful staff. Able to get a warm drink as well but little room in the shop. Had the Oreo base cheesecake and was in food heaven.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the greatest place! i wish they delivered to the UK! We tried 2 cakes and they were both amazing! I had found it on here and we went and were not disappointed at all.
Its a little cheesecake shop but its just lovely.
ITS A MUST GO TO!

1  Thank MRSHWALKER
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great place to try something that will give you a chance to have something of a real "NYC" spirit from 1976. New York Cheesecake!
Small, ordinary place, without an advertisement fuss like in some other bakeries famous from a movies or tv series. All the cakes are great and you won't regret coming here just for the dessert.

You can easily access it by 6 train, just go off on the Spring Station, cross the street and on the left you will see a blue sign.

1  Thank Ninita_bl
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were advised to try Eileen's while on a walking tour. We were not disappointed, the cheesecakes here are the best I have ever tasted, all freshly made and so light and creamy.

There is lots of choice of mini individual cheesecakes and then there Apis a selection of bigger cheesecakes that look like they serve 6-8 people.

If you have a spare $6 or so I would strongly recommend you spend it at Eileen's, you will not regret it.

1  Thank Paul1005