“Sooooo yummy!!”

Ranked #23 of 14,531 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a small, indescript little shop on the edge of Historic Little Italy. Don't let that fool you though - Eileen's Special Cheesecake is BIG on amazing treats. We couldn't decide which slice of cheesecake to try, so we asked the very helpful young lady behind the counter to help - we decided to go with small servings of the original chessecake, strawberry cheesecake, banana cheesecake (Eileen's favourite) and chocolate cheesecake, expecting just the flavouring to be different - but each recipe was different i.e. the textures for each flavour were actually different as well:)
All were fantastic (that was breakfast and lunch combined) and our new favourite is Banada Cheesecake:)
Even got a wonderful, smiling photo of Eileen though she was extremely busy fulfilling New Year's Eve orders:)!!

2  Thank dg_cozmo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Really the best cheesecake s bakery in New York , the shop is a bit small but there is a lot of queque for entering , just from that thing it means that is good , then you enter and you see a lot of cheesecakes that are soo yummy...If you are in Soho you must go there.

1  Thank america58
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had seen this place on TA and thought would love to go. I could not believe my luck when we came across this place totally by accident!
It's a small little, cute shop and they really do have the best cheesecake ever so much better than magnolia bakery. Hence it is well worth finding and paying a visit

1  Thank niffaroo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Recommended by Katz's deli and it lived up to their description of being best cheesecake in town! Individual sized and family sized with lots of choices of flavour - my favourite was original!

1  Thank ashappy64
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

LOVE this cheesecake!!! I had pumpkin and my friend had strawberry. The cheesecake was light and smooth and served in perfect portions. A party in my mouth! Was reasonably priced as well. We ate cheesecake every night on our trip and this was by far the best!

1  Thank Melanie C