“Good food, great service”

Emmett O'Lunney's Irish Pub
Ranked #191 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

The food was good and the bartenders service was great. We stopped in before going to wicked. Great atmosphere. Authentic Irish food with a great beer selection. Live music was pretty good as well.

1  Thank Am3031

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stopped in here for a lunch after walking around Times Square for a bit. We didn't want to eat at a chain place and this looked like it might be a fun place for a quick bite. My husband and I both ordered burgers, our daughter opted for a quesadilla. Given that we were in the Times Square area, we didn't expect the portions to be huge as the prices were not that much for what we chose. I think each item was around $13-$14, which didn't seem too bad for NYC prices. We were surprised when the food came. We could have easily shared just two meals for the three of us. Both burgers also came with fries so we had more than enough food.

The service was friendly and prompt, but there were not many other people in there at the time we were. Maybe a few other tables, so I would have expected good service. I think our total bill, including a couple of beers, was about $65. Not the cheapest lunch we had in NYC, but it was still a good value given the portion sizes.

1  Thank KentuckyGirlAtHeart
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went out of our way to walk over here for dinner because our smart phone had listed it as a top spot. We liked the privacy of the windowed booths, and Lindley, our waitress, couldn't have been more attentive. Also it seemed to be popular with the local after-work crowd, which I interpreted as a sign that it wasn't just a tourist trap. We had mixed results with the food, however. My husband's corned beef on rye was a generous portion that he chose to finish back at the hotel. Our potato skins were undercooked, though, and I just couldn't get into the onion soup. Also the iced tea was the worst I've ever had. (Maybe it's just not fair to compare it to a typical Texas/Southern iced tea.) We weren't drinking, and this place has more of a bar/pub vibe, so maybe that's why there was a disconnect between our expectation and our experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A wonderful seafood meal in a fantastic atmosphere. Excellent service, good music, and some I the best seafood I've every had.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great little gem. Prompt friendly service. The food was very tasty. Live band provided a great mood.

1  Thank wichs