“Excellent Pub”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 15, 2014

NYC is full of Irish pubs. You don't need to walk further than a block or two in any direction to find one. Emmett O'Lunney's happened to be next door to my hotel so I wandered in for a late lunch -- and I'm so glad I did! The service was fast, friendly and efficient, and the Cobb Salad was so good I almost licked the plate when I was done. Fresh soda bread is served at the table -- totally delicious. The waitress recommended Magner's -- an Irish hard cider that was a wonderful recommendation. I had never had it before and now it's one of my favorite beverages. I did not feel rushed and thoroughly enjoyed being in the pub. Note: this was the weekend of the NFL draft so there were people everywhere but I felt welcome to sit by myself and just soak in the atmosphere.

1  Thank switzerspoint

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great pub, with great customer service. Great range of drinks, and cocktails as well. Unlike the majority of NY, the Irish bars are all very friendly,and Emmett's is certainly one of them!!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

dropped off time square for a quick drink. 15 dollars for 2 vodkas, more ice in it then vodka and coke. Bartender was involved in a conversation with more customers and just banged down drinks and change infront of me. no thank you, here you go ect.
Only think Irish here is the name. not the service or the smile or friendliness.

1  Thank Darrenireland
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Food was good. Jumbo Shrimp served with nice spicy cocktail sauce. Also had Goat cheese and pear salad. Delicious! Close to Theatre district and I would recommend

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We ducked into the restaurant partly because it was raining and partly because the sign outdoor promised us 'good food'. It looked like a large pub inside with little booths around the edge. The name sounded Irish but the food was every bit New Yorker. All the usual suspects. We opted to start with a soup and there was only one featured on the menu - it wan an onion soup laced with crème and melted mozzarella. Great taste and served with pumpernickel bread and butter. Then we had a Reuben sandwich - the plate had more French Fries than sandwich! Taste was not bad at all but not quite up to the Reuben's I had first tasted in the sixties when in the US as an exchange student. Too much beef in these. Tasty none the less.