“We got lucky!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Came randomly on a Friday night and didn't have a 'booking'. Originally the hostess took our phone number down and said it would be an hour wait but then she just let the 3 of us girls right in. We sat at the bar and had the perfect view of the super cute and friendly bartender mixing drinks. Super mellow and cool spot, not many people there that night (just the right amount to make it mellow and fun) so we were served and taken care of timely. Drinks were yum! We told him what we were craving and he made some great drinks. We ordered waffle fries later, which were delicious and the secret passageway through which the food was sent was pretty cool. Oh and the entrance to this place is awesome. I think its a hotdog joint (Griff something) and a telephone booth that you have to go into inside the food place. Originally when we were looking for the place and asked rando people where it is they all smiled and said I don't know where PDT is...maybe keep walking....Haha it was cool that people kept with the whole theme of not telling. Overall - we got lucky with a great experience here!

1  Thank Traveling_T_247
There are newer reviews for Please Don't Tell

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Book ahead or put your name to come back later like we did and a unique atmosphere. Secretive entrance opens to a fairly small but cosy bar. Great bar staff, unusual choice of cocktails and carefully managed number of people. Not at all crowded but enough to create an atmosphere. Not a local kind of bar but worth a visit.

1  Thank Gareth P
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Cocktails are $15, small greasy snacks are $6, but good sharing size. These are some of the best drinks in the area, and the servers are amazing. The wait can get long if you do not have a reservation.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the PDT cocktail book and this expected a large range of menu options...imagine our shock when we receive a very limited menu. We tried leaving the choice of drinks to the bartender; however, the waitress could only recommend 1 of the very limited drinks we could read and chosen for ourselves. The tables are cramped. We had a party of six and were tight. Definitely wouldn't visit with more than six in a party (1) because of the tight quarters and (2) because they obviously like a quiet atmosphere- our party was told we were being too loud. They suggested that maybe we were loud because the music (speaker was right above us) was very loud, so they offered to turn it down. I suppose we became more quiet because there were no other complaints to us. My first drink was okay, second was disgusting. I like drinks that are fruity, not too sweet, but creamy. Only 1 drink fit that bill. I decided to take a chance on my second drink and try the chocolatey creamy drink (which was the only other creamy drink on the menu) because it was highly recommended by the waitress but BLAH was it disgusting. By this time were ready to go anyway. Music is terrible, atmosphere is nonexistent (stuffed animals heads and rodents....really?) and ur drinks aren't that great. The food from crifs is pretty good. It was the food and the novelty of waking thru a phone booth to get into an "exclusive" place that partially saved the trip to PDT but definitely is not enough to get me or my friends to come back. Think twice before spending your night on the town at this bar.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Enjoyed the secrecy and the cocktails. Really interesting ingredients used in the cocktails; we had to try several as well as each others. My friend bought me the PDT Cocktail book as a souvenir, so I can source the unusual liquors and try my own at home. A really nice evening with good wait staff. Food is very good but let's face it, it's only dogs and such. But contribute nicely to an interesting NY experience.

1  Thank Hazelinparis