“Interesting Cocktails”

Please Don't Tell
Ranked #914 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East Village
Paris, France
“Interesting Cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Enjoyed the secrecy and the cocktails. Really interesting ingredients used in the cocktails; we had to try several as well as each others. My friend bought me the PDT Cocktail book as a souvenir, so I can source the unusual liquors and try my own at home. A really nice evening with good wait staff. Food is very good but let's face it, it's only dogs and such. But contribute nicely to an interesting NY experience.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hazelinparis

London, England, United Kingdom
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Some of the best cocktails in New York but the best thing above all is the fried potatoes from Crifs on the way out

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Andrew N
Brisbane, Australia
“I just Keeping talking about this palce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I Know this called PDT , Sorry i loved it . We had to wait 45min ,it was worth it .Amazing Drinks , we let the bartender surprise us to choose of drinks .

Visited September 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“It's all about going through the phone booth. Not much else!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We had been told not to be late. So we arrived at 6.16pm for a 6.30pm table. The girl behind the phone booth told us that we were early and that the table wasn't ready yet. A few minutes after 6.30 we we're let in. Nobody had left and it didn't appear as if the table had been made ready. The cocktails are $15 and beers $7. The cocktails are their own and aren't really that special and the beers were OK. We order some dogs which again were OK. The dog menu is limited to only 5 options. However the Crif menu has loads more options. I've tried it, but I won't be back. The novelty is all about the phone booth.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great speakeasy in Lower East Side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went by surprise with a local friend in NYC. The wait was 2 hours, so we went for a snack first at Kenka. Once they called us, we went back and walked into a phone booth and dialed 1. The other side of the phone booth flew open and exposed the basement like lofty bar complete with taxidermy animals everywhere. A girl we talked to at the bar had a stuffed bear head and arms above her, it looked like it was going to eat her face so I couldn't have a normal conversation with her. We sat at the bar and ordered from their unique menu and had crifdogs - which were gross. The food was terrible, glad I ate first. The bartended had 'tude, we asked for a recommendation and he refused to make one. But other than that, the bar was fun and had a great vibe. The list of rules in the bathroom were amusing, my favourite was: "do not interrupt other guests: if you came here to hit on strangers, you're in the wrong bar"

• Visited September 2013