“Unique Bar”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I loved the German decor in this neighborhood bar and the "Oktoberfest" themed hall full of picnic tables for enjoying a pint. I appreciate German beers, and this is the place to get them. The staff seemed to know I was not a regular, and they treated me as such... an outsider

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is authentic and abundant. The beer as well. The atmosphere leads to new friendships. Make sure to check out their "Sex after 60" book.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I wanted to have a nice supper at a German style restaurant, read about this place here in Trip Adviser, and gave it a try. I was not dissapointed. Wiener Schnitzel ( Breaded Pork) was a great choice.

The food, along with the Bavarian atmosphere, had me coming back for New Years Eve. Had some nice munchies (Bratwurst served on a crusty roll with mustard, sauerkraut and red cabbage, and some Kartoffelpurffe - German potato Pancakes with applesauce and sour cream)

I met some people from the Bay City Michigan area who knew all about my hometown of Grayling, about 2 hours north of them, and had a nice conversation with the Lederhosen owners from Germany.

This restaurant is off the beaten path, so you will want to do some map reading to find it, but you will not be dissapointed.

Have a nice chat with Uli, one of the owners from Bavaria to make your visit more special.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for years and I am happy to say this place remains the same. Food, atmosphere and most importantly the bier. Food is simple German fare, also known as comfort food. Good bier selection at a good price by NYC standards. Worth a visit is you want to a laid back experience in the village.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great beer!!!!! I noticed a review that complained about 'thin schnitzel' - that is the way it is supposed to be. Schnitzel is a very thin slice of breaded, fried veal. My friend ordered this and it looked and tasted exactly like my mother-in-law makes (she is German). I ordered bratwurst and kielbasa, served with red cabbage and Bratkartoffeln (fried potatoes). It was delicious!!!!!
I have been to Germany, I am married to a German, and I was at this restaurant with a German. This is REAL German food. If you want Americanized German.... this is not the place for you.
The beer was FANTASTIC.. I recommend Radeberger .