“Food okay, service slow but had a good time”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Hard Rock Cafe is a global phenomenon with 185 cafes that are visited by nearly 80 million guests each year. The first Hard Rock Cafe opened on June 14, 1971, in London, England, and from there the brand has expanded to major cities and exotic locations around the world.
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Went here for a dinner with family, put on the end by a set of stairs and as we were with a baby in a pram this was a little cramped, we had reserved a table, yet when we arrived were kept waiting for almost 15 minutes before being seated at the very table we had seen empty as we entered the place....
Food was okay, portion sizes were okay, just service was incredibly slow, the poor girl looked like she was on her own doing to many tables at once, but have to say she was very polite and apologetic the whole time.

Date of visit: April 2019
hrcnycgm, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit. We are sorry to see you did not have a five star experience, and any information you can provide to help us improve would be greatly appreciated. My contact information is newyork.agmops@hardrock.com

Write a ReviewReviews (8,776)

Reviewed May 8, 2019

I understand restaurants are busy but after waiting 40 mins to be seated expected the usual good standards as previously encountered throughout the world.

On seating ,our server approached us to introduce herself . I explained that I required Gluten free food due to having coeliac disease. She proceeded to take my order herself and appeared to have no knowledge of the cross contamination issues and the importance of GF food.

Within 5 minutes of taking the order returned with our drinks and to announce she would be going on her break and another server would be taking care of us.(or NOT as the case may be)

My Starter arrived of wings WITHOUT the usual gluten free flag but I was assured by the person delivering food to the table these were the GF version( I can assure you the resultant illness following consumption of this proves this to not be the case!)

At this point we had run out of refreshments but no server was to be found and no one came near the table for a further 40mins.

The burgers arrived and mine did have a GF indicator flag which made me feel more at ease.However the bottom of the burger bun was wet/soggy and disintegrated underneath the burger(not just slightly moist but as wet as if had been dipped in water!!)

I had to go find someone to assist me in arranging a different bun. They informed me they would "sort out " the issue and would be "right with me." ...Still no sign of our server or her replacement! and still no sign of replacement food or anyone being "right with me for another 30 mins! And still no one able to replenish our drinks !

I managed to speak with another server who went to find out how long my replacement would be.The same server who also NEVER returned with the requested information. At this point my whole table had completed their food(not particularly to Hard Rock fantastic standards but was eaten due to hunger after a very busy day)

My burger eventually appeared .. Well done request on the food produced a raw /rare burger with equally soggy bottomed bun this time drenched in blood oozing from the burger!

At this point I requested to speak to a manager who I must say has to be the MOST unprofessional manager I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. He had no interest in my concerns and simply whisked the burger from the table and asked if I would like something else from the menu. As my party had all finished eating and 2+ hours had passed I declined and requested the bill with immediate deduction of my meal. He said "he would be right back"... I am unsure if this means something different to the staff of Hard rock as 20 mins later there was still NO sign of my bill/check or any glimpse of staff. It appears they were busy ferrying food back to the kitchens from 4 more tables in our vicinity and dealing with other customer complaints.. How sad for a hugely reputable company to be passing out substandard food to most of the tables that night.

After nearly 30mins of waiting I saw our original server had returned to the area of tables she was allocated. She had some check folders in her hands and instead of making this a priority to attend to those complaints and/or provide checks to the tables proceeded to take orders from newly seated customers. I called her over requesting our bill and she stated she understood there was a problem with our food and "let me speak to the manager about this" ignoring me telling her I had already done this. She then disappeared into the back (adjacent to the bar) where she was stood chatting with other servers whilst the manager stood sipping a drink without a care in the world.

I took it upon myself to go to this area to attract the "managers " attention ,to enable me to pay for the food we had consumed and leave(hungry and VERY upset).

His attitude at this point is the most disgusting I have ever encountered from a so called professional in the influential position he is. I pointed out that despite my request for the bill so I could leave the place ,that I still did not have this.He shouted "well I've given it to your server!!" and turned his back. The server was stood next to him chatting to others. I was handed the bill and promptly paid and left.

I am very disappointed in the unprofessional way this was handled and the fact I paid close to $100 for a ruined last night in New York.

I feel the waiting staff need further training on customer service, the kitchen staff need training on providing the standard of food expected by the good name but in particular the manager needs to be provided with the appropriate training on how to seek employment elsewhere so as not to ruin hard rocks reputation further...

Date of visit: April 2019
hrcnycgm, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

We are truly saddened to see your experience was less than a five star one. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and deliver an amplified dining experience. It is clear we did not live up to that promise to you and your party. I would like to communicate with you further about this experience. My email is newyork.agmops@hardrock.com

Reviewed May 8, 2019

Waiter was so much fun - food was good also! Restaurant was packed, but we sat at the bar and had lunch. Great time!

Date of visit: January 2019

We are very happy to see you enjoyed the food and appreciate such a great five star review!

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Time Square & Hard Rock it is the best combinations that you must have in New York City ... is the most and amazing place to stay every time !!!

Date of visit: September 2018

We are so grateful that you paid us a visit and gave us such a great review. Thank you for stopping in and checking us out.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

First the menu on this site is not up to date.
My daughter ordered Tupelo Chicken Strips which is now listed as a entree with fries. It is described boneless, breaded seasoned chicken served with fries. When they arrived there were what looked like whole flakes of red pepper on the chicken. My daughter ate half of one and said she couldn't eat them. She ate the fries and refused to order another meal.
I had the sliders with bacon jam which were pretty good.

Date of visit: May 2019
hrcnycgm, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting our café and for providing us with this valuable feedback. We are sorry to see you did not have a five star experience, and any information you can provide to help us improve would be greatly appreciated. My contact information is newyork.agmops@hardrock.com