“Close to perfection!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane, Australia
“Close to perfection!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This being our first holiday to NYC, our first week was spent in TIme Square. Our following 7 nights at the gorgeous Roger Hotel. Beautiful decor, warm, relaxed & elegant bar & reception area- toped off with a huge pink cherry blossom tree in the foyer which smelt like heaven!

Our experience with staff was always professional- Elizabeth in particular who worked both in the bar & restaurant. She was always able to answer our questions on NY, fine dining, history & general knowledge of the hotels surroundings. After meeting us only once, each time after she addressed us by our names & remembered our drink orders. Her infectious personality & passion for what she does is a blessing for this hotels management.

Our room was beautiful again, fine details were not lost. One suggestion however, would be a little more lighting near the tv area.
My boyfriend joined "club 131" which gives you benifits for staying in the hotel regulary, our second night because of this club we were sent up fresh fruit, water & a personalised card from HR. What a kind thought!
Wi-fi works throughout the hotel, without a password. The gym is conveniently located & open
24hrs, the hotels location is also perfect if exploring chelsea, soho, tribeca, brooklyn & even as far up as time square.

We would both highly recommend this botique hotel & have enjoyed every night stayed. Thank you Hotel Roger for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at The Roger several times. My recent trip in May 2013 is the first since they have remodeled. I preferred the former, more unique, European look that The Roger had before the remodel. Now I would classify the rooms are "upscale generic." They have definitely been designed with male travelers in mind. The room was very masculine, with dark, somber drapes, heavy dark wood furniture, and a large black and white print above the bed. There was almost no space in the bathroom for any of the toiletries I usually bring when I travel. The magnifying mirror was glued to the large mirror in the bathroom; this made it impossible for me to use because I had to stand on my tip toes and lean all the way over the sink to see my face. Also, although there were two of us in the room, they supplied only one robe and one set of towels. (We had to have more delivered.)

The room was EXTREMELY small for two people and somewhat stuffy. There was only one wooden chair by the tiny desk; otherwise, my husband and I had to sit on the bed. There also was room for only one suitcase stand.

The high-speed Internet was free and easy to use. The bed was very comfortable, with a generous supply of pillows. The staff is VERY good and very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Spent a long weekend at The Roger this past March. Must be at least my 10th stay although it had been a while. While the new reno and decor is lovely, I'm not as keen on it as the colourful decor of yonder years. The hotel though continues to deliver when it comes to comfort, service and location. The buffet breakfast is top notch and not to be missed. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet retreat from the craziness that New York can be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Holyhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

After experiencing a brilliant stay in New York I ended my time at the roger paying exactly what I had worked out with charges, taxes and breakfast which was included in my price, I asked if that was everything as we had a pre paid card with dollars on to pay for the hotel, the answer was yes, to which I return home and find extra charges on the credit card I had put down for security when we had arrived. I did not use anything in our room that I could have been charged for and the breakfast as I said was included I did not have anything from the "Coffee" machine which i could of been charged for, I have queried this by emailing to the hotel and the hotel manager and have not had a response! So if you are happy with being charged extra after you leave then I guess this is the hotel for you, for me however I will not be staying here again.
As for the rooms they are cleaned extremely well, the breakfast is nice enough and the door staff are friendly, other than that we didn't spend anytime in the hotel as there is so much to do outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liza L, General Manager at The Roger, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kayleigh.

Please accept my apologies for service issues during your recent trip to New York.
If there are charges which do not belong to you, we would be happy to adjust them. Please contact me directly and we will fix the billing issue.

Also, it is our standard to answer all emails within 24 hours. Can you please let me know who it is you were emailing where you received no response?
Please contact me directly at 1 (212) 448-7000, so I can understand the details about your stay and make sure your are satisfied with the service recovery.

P. Horstmann
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent a week at the Roger and couldn't fault it. The staff are welcoming and friendly ,it's a calm comfortable hotel .the beds were sooooo lovely .The location was spot on ,easy to walk to all attractions ,subway a 3 minute walk away,relaxing Maddison ave gardens to sit and people watch 5 min walk. We would return to this hotel in the future. Hot water for our own tea bags in room and ice buckets were no problem when asked for.we stayed in a corner room on the 12th floor.

Room Tip: If affordable the rooms with a terrace would be the best choose.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I had a weekend getaway at The Roger! We were not disappointed!! Very cozy and I loved the decor. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were very attentive. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The_Toadvine_Clan
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Have been a guest @ the Roger since 2005, when it had a slightly different name.
I've always enjoyed the cozy and tastefully decorated rooms and great service (yes, rooms can be a bit small, but they're very comfortable and some of them have great views of the Empire State).
Hotel is well-located - 3 blocks from 2 different subway stations, close to Herald Square as well). Staff has always been helpful and accommodating - Phillip in the reception and Brazil at the restaurant excel in welcoming guests.
I've enjoyed my many stays @ the Roger - a great place to stay in Manhattan!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends