Review Highlights
Fun, informative tour of the Woolworth Building lobby

I took my mother on the 60-minute tour as a birthday present. Ed was our guide. He was extremely... read more

Reviewed February 20, 2018
charrock
Brooklyn, NY
Awesome Wool Worth Building Tour and 5 Points Tour

Reviewed July 24, 2017
nancyrhindress
Brooklyn, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2017

In May we took a 90 minute tour of the Wool Worth Building with our guide Ed Welter. He is filled with history, trivia and showed old neighborhood pictures to complete the stories. He took us across the street into City Hall park and regaled our group with many tales of old World New York. We enjoyed Ed and his tour so much that we went on the 5 Points tour this past Saturday. The 90 minutes were jam packed with lots of great information about 19th century NY, immigration, 5 Points history and so much more. As we walked the streets, Ed pointed out and discussed the original department store, the Tweed Court Building, the African Burial Memorial, The Collect Pond to mention a few. It was fun to look at the pictures he had of the original places and compare what is there today. The time flew by! We would highly recommend Ed and Manahatta tours for a fun, educational, historical and spiritual experience. As a Native New Yorker, it is always wonderful to get a little closer to our roots!
Thanks Ed!
All the best,
Nancy Rhindress and Bobby Meyers

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank nancyrhindress
Reviewed July 16, 2017

If you are planning to be in the downtown area, the Woolworth Building is a must see. And the best way to do it is with Ed Welter. Ed is very knowledgable and gathers more data each time he runs the tour. Great guy, had a wonderful time. Highly recommend taking this tour with Ed.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Ed provided a powerful overview of the 9/11 Memorial. Very informative and moving. Would have been much less impactful on our own. Highly recommend Ed.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

I came to TriBeCa from Seattle to visit my son for Mother's Day. I got here in the evening & thought the night view out the window was great. Woke up in the morning & !Eureka..there was the Woolworth Building right across the street! I googled the history & knew I had to see the inside too!
My son,his girlfriend & I took the 90 minute tour the following day. We all loved it. Ed is a great guide. His combined knowledge & love of construction & history mixed with a great story telling ability was delightful. We will be taking more tours from him !

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 11, 2017

We had a wonderful tour with Ed Welter around the City Hall area of lower Manhattan. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area - and all of NYC - and was able to provide history as well as details about what is currently being developed in the area. The tour ran over the allotted time but that was a bonus for us as Ed really just wanted to keep sharing wonderful tidbits. We will be back for another tour soon!

Date of experience: May 2017