We booked the Roger Smith at the last minute after looking at length for a room with aseparate sleeping area for a teenager. We were able to book a premium suite at just over $400.00 with AAA discount. A little more than we had hoped but still within reason. The suite turned out to be two bedrooms, a little kitchenette and a very large living room. It was extremely spacious, although the small bedroom only fit a twin. However, we could have easily stayed comfortably for a week. The room was in a very nice area, which was close to several hot spots and it felt very safe. The staff was courteous and attentive. Quick to welcome us, quick check in and reasonable valet parking. The room was just a little dated, but very clean and pleasantly decorated. They offer yogurt and apples in the lobby for a light breakfast. The one down side was the noise from mechanicals (commercial fans or something) several floors below. That was sort of difficult to sleep through. Our room was on the seventh floor. Even so, we would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City