It is hard for us to find a hotel on Lexington Ave in the midtown area that we haven't stayed at. Roger Smith proved to be a nice surprise, however. It is very neat, small, lacking hustle and bustle of the chain hotels, intimate and quiet. Yes, quiet, for it is arguably one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed at. Friday and Saturday nights, the time when the adjacent Marriott and Doubletree Tree Hilton are one non-stop rowdy shouting drunken match of the frolicking out-of-towners, Roger Smith felt like we were the only guests on our 11th floor.
The room was quite spacious, seriously larger than most of the Manhattan hotels. The hotel, being owned by the same family since the late 1930s, retains much of its old charm, yet offering most of the modern amenities, including a complimentary Wi-Fi with a password printed and placed in your room. Every room is provided with a veritable library offering books for every taste; very unusual and inspiring. Free complimentary breakfast items, such as Vermont made yogurt and cereals are available in the lobby.
The location doesn't need any dwelling on. Super! We wish Roger Smith success and will undoubtedly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City