We accidently found this little place after two of our other bookings fell through at the last minute. And was a great find! Two friends and i stayed here for nearly 3 weeks during the Christmas and new years break. We had a 1 bedroom suite, and were over joyed when we all got our own bed (two king singles) and pull out sofa. We had hoped for bit of space for the time we were away, and also 3 females travelling together after a month can accumulate a lot of shopping! There was a very small little kitchenette, and little dining room set. The decor was a bit old school, but it made the place feel homely.
Most of the staff were super great, and very helpful and friendly. One seemed a little grumpy,nearly every time we saw him, but maybe he was having a bad time!
I was very impressed with the Christmas wrapping facility available and the host was awesome, was a really nice touch!
The location was excellent, a little bit out of the craziness of Times Square, but so easy to walk to everything in no time! i do love the city!
The only neutral comment i will make is that it would've been lovely to have a self-laundering facility. Particularly when you offer suites, guests may be long term.. so that would've made my stay. But not too worry!
Overall, a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City