I have stayed at the Roger Smith Hotel perhaps five times over the last ten or so years. The last time was 2010. We recently spent four nights there in early Dec. 2013 and it is more than tattered at the edges. The house keeping was done by the blind. Behind the TV we left a note alerting the housekeeper to the herd of dust bunnies that had morphed into creatures. Their had not been a cleaning there since Mayor Wagner was in office. The bath tub didn't drain - well no wonder it was full of hair.
The flesh colored tile may have been in fashion during the Wagner administration but guess what
a whole industry exists in the hotel business that can paint that surface to be any color you want.
The bed was warm which was good because the heater was turned off, however it was shaped like an old plow horse con caved. Ok then they then turn the heater on.
After a night of depth charges sounds like we were in a sub-marine we understood why the heating was off.
This for over $400 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City