Roger Smith Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Bernic Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Oakwood Cosmopolitan(New York City)
View Hotel
Hotel 48LEX New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
W New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
2,308 results
All reviewsyogurtfree applesnew yorklexington avenuerooftop bargrand central stationjunior suitean older hotelhome away from homestreet noisetimes squaremidtown hotelfew blockschrysler buildingspacious roomexcellent locationconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

On the plus side:
- Reasonable rates, especially Sunday night for Manhattan.
- Location
- Room was clean
- Service was friendly and helpful

On the down side:
- Bed was too soft
- Hard to control room temperature. Had to leave windows open to cool room. Thank God I had ear plugs with me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2013

First hotel I tried to stay at where I was told by the cashier to go call 725 to book a room instead of booking at front desk. While on phone I was asked all personal information. Why couldn't this be done at the desk? No government discounts either. Dirty room. Room out dated. Hasn't been touched since the 70's. Roger Smith Hotel. New York.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our first trip to NYC so we decided to do a group tour. This hotel has been used many times by this tour group and was selected based on the reasonable price, great staff and location. Our biggest complaint (same as other reviewers) was the inability to control the temperature in the room. According to the maintenance man, the heat cannot be turned completely off or controlled in each room and it was way too warm. Opening the windows was the only way to cool it down but then the street noise was bothersome - but we managed.

The location is wonderful and central to just about everything. We walked to restaurants, Grand Central Terminal, museums, shops, etc. Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable and the hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. The best way to describe the hotel is "quaint". It certainly shows it's age and could use a little face-lift but it would lose a bit of its charm.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lexington avenue are noisy but it's fun to watch the activity on the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Marlenny P, Manager at Roger Smith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Curly,

Its so wonderful to know that we were part of great memories during your very first trip to New York City.

There are so many places to visit in this great city, and one visit may not have been enough to experience it all. We hope to accommodate you and be your home away from home if you should make a return visit. Feel free to reach out to me to discuss future preferences or requests and ill be sure to make it special with each stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

From the moment we walked through the doors (check out the door handles) we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff who made us feel right at home. The room was clean, nicely appointed, and comfortable with the feel of a country inn. Interesting sculpture and paintings adorn the lobby and halls. The Roger Smith is our first choice when we come to New York.

• Stayed: November 2013
Marlenny P, Manager at Roger Smith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear ADK46R_4631W,

Fantastic! Its immensely rewarding to read about all the details that made your stay so wonderful!

Looking forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I gave this hotel two stars for the location and because it was clean, but at 230 per night - not worth it.

The room overlooked Lexington Ave on the 4th floor and has a window A/C unit. I could hear every honk, even conversations, going by all night.

The sound on the TV was broken and never fixed. I requested a wine opener and they couldn't produce one. One of the two beds in my room has a broken headboard that is just hanging off the bed. The entire room smelled like cooking meat during dinner due to a nearby restaurant.

It was about 50-100 less than other nearby hotels and I didn't expect perfection. But I can't recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Marlenny P, Manager at Roger Smith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Ambuws29,

I am truly sorry you experienced such lapse in service during your most recent stay with us. Our staff takes immense pride in pleasing our guests and I’m disappointed that you experienced otherwise; however we welcome your feedback, as it helps us to make improvements. If you can provide me with more information on the room you stayed in, I will address all of your points with respective departments and I can assure you that if given a second opportunity, I will personally ensure that you’re stay is nothing less than memorable.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Marlenny