The Roger Smith hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from Grand Central station and from Fifth Avenue. It is a good spot for exploring the city and I especially recommend it for first time visitors. The rooms are large but need renovation. They are individually decorated and that gives you the feeling that you are not really staying in an hotel but in someone´s home which is nice. Beds are good but the sofa beds really need new matresses. The heating system makes the rooms too hot in spring and fall when the temperatures are higher outside and the heating is set for winter. It is a pity that they closed the restaurant. Now you have to get breakfast elsewhere but the fact that the rooms are equipped with a small kitchenette also gives you the option to eat in the room. I just wished they had a water boiler and a toaster to make breakfast easier to prepare. The hotel is also near to the UN and some people have stayed for a longer period attending meetings at the UN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City