Roger Smith Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Bernic Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Oakwood Cosmopolitan(New York City)
View Hotel
Hotel 48LEX New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
W New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
2,307 results
All reviewsyogurtfree applesnew yorklexington avenuerooftop bargrand central stationjunior suitean older hotelhome away from homestreet noisetimes squaremidtown hotelfew blockschrysler buildingspacious roomexcellent locationconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My sister and I booked online through Expedia, and got a better price than what was listed on the hotel's website so make sure to shop around.

Price aside, it was a good choice for us. The decor is a bit dated but seems well-cared for. The bathroom was clean and seemed like things had been scrubbed vs merely wiped down. The room was a good size and included a large closet and flat screen tv. The windows open which is nice, although it can get a bit loud at night. Depends on your tolerance for noise, I guess.

Bed were comfy and again, clean. I think there was a mini fridge under the tv but I didn't really check that out. There was also a note in the hall indicating that there are safes in the room but I didn't see one. I didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms which was a plus as this seems to be a common issue in other hotels I have stayed in.

The guy behind the desk was very friendly and helpful and did a good job of making us comfortable, ensuring that we had the right room type and info for food and airport transportation.

This is a good choice for those who aren't willing or able to spend too much on a hotel but appreciate a clean room and a friendly smile from staff. The location is great and affords an easy walk to so much in midtown, the subway, Grand Central, etc. I will return when I get to NYC in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lexington may get a bit noisy, but you should ask about what the other exposures are like.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Roger Smith is very reasonably priced for New York. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the location on Lexington Avenue near Grand Central Station is very convenient for subways, buses and walking lots of places. I really like the room furnishing, which is real furniture, not made for hotel cookie cutter stuff. The rooms and bathrooms have been modernized, so it is very comfortable, but it is still in keeping with the architecture and period of the building. All in all this is a completely satisfactory, unpretentious, great jumping off point for a visit to New York.

Room Tip: My husband and I needed to share a room with our 23 year old daughter. The small suite was perfect for this, giving us enough privacy without having to pay for two rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesliewnc
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Helpful staff and clean rooms, with decent size at a great New York City location.

I stayed several time at this great Midtown East location. Despite Roger Smith has less stars than other hotels in the neighborhood, the rooms are even nicer and staff is friendlier.

I recommend this hotel for private and business trips.

Room Tip: The higher the better - West side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andreas K
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rooms a good size for new York. They are a little 'worn' however and could do with a bit of a refurbishment. The wifi is free and works well. Centrally located - deli acros road and ten mins walk from times square. Not too noisy. No gym or restaurant. We stayed during the hurricane and the staff were excellent - they clearly worked very long hours and deserve credit for the way they accommodated various guests requests. I would stay here again but only if it was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is an old Hotel which needs some re-decoration (especially carpets) but strangely still looks good enough and rooms produces an home-like impression. The rooms are clean, the restaurant was closed so I can not comment on that. The location is great though, out of the main door the Times Square and 5th Avenue is in 5-10 minutes walking distance. Staff was friendly. The Wi-fi was free and the land calls were also free..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends