I stayed here for work in September and must say I was surprised by how poorly kept the hotel was. It was kind of a depressing interior which we reminded me of somebody's grandmas house. There were scratches on the doors etc, paint chipping and the bathroom looked like it really needed to be clean properly... I agree with another user that it is strange with the postcard of Roger Smith and Jane Goodall, but I suppose it was a nice thing, in context. Except you realise how old the place is and how out of touch they must be with the modern consumer, but I guess that is what makes it boutique.
The positive thing is that it was central and easy to get around. The bed was comfortable and the towels were good quality. But next time if I was going in my own spare time, I definitely wouldn't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. Home away from home. People. Art. Stories. Ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City