“Lovely getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn New York City

You added Inn New York City to your Saves list
Inn New York City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   266 West 71st St., New York City, NY 10023 (Upper West Side)   |
Ranked #18 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lovely getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at Inn NYC. It felt like having our own home instead of staying at an impersonal hotel. The location was great: near the subway, walking distance to Lincoln Center and many restaurants. It was very clean, and they were very accommodating when we needed to change to the library suite. There were fresh flowers, a stocked refrigerator, bottle of wine, and other nice touches. It was delightful and we hope to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harriet P

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This review is based on numerous past and recent visits. When my wife and I visit Manhattan’s upper west side every 2-3 months, we stay at Inn New York City. The Inn is a cherished and secret place. I have been hesitant to post a review on the Inn for purely selfish reasons – namely to ensure that I am able to obtain a reservation when I need it (since the Inn has only four suites to let). We have stayed in all the suites at the Inn, except the spa suite. The suites have always been extremely comfortable, especially when compared with other accomodations available on the upper west side. Added bonuses are the inclusion of an assortment of hearty snacks and beverages, and a fully functioning kitchen, in the room rate. In addition, the proprietor and her staff have always been pleasant, and eager to address the few minor issues we have had during some of our stays. The Inn is a terrific, rare, convenient, and charming place to stay. I hope I have not said too much, since I truly would like to make sure a suite is available for our upcoming trips to the upper west side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank asacha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here at the inn for a few days for our honeymoon. We were looking for a relaxing suite with a hot tub and browsed the Internet looking for something special. We definitely found it! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Spa Suite was absolutely breathtaking. With a wonderfully comfortable king bed, a sweet little table for two that they had a heart shaped cake on set with dishes and the room decorated for newlyweds, the oversized jacuzzi tub with fireplace and sauna just made this the coziest and most intimate place for us. It's set on a quieter side street but is just a block from the subway so seeing the sites was easy! They equip the room. With breakfast food in a good variety along with wine and snacks. It's just beautiful and we plan on saving up and coming back for future anniversaries!!

• Stayed February 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This small hotel is located in a calm street on the Upper West Side. It is very close to the subway station on 72nd street with all possible service. It is an old brownstone house and each suite fills a full floor. We live in old house in Stockholm, and if you like the atmosphere in old houses this is perfect. The suite was full of old and interesting things, you always have something to look at. This gave a warm and cosy atmosphere, so we could have stayed in the suite all day, but of course we had other things to do. The living room also had a fireplace, which was very nice to start in the evenings. The bedroom is towards the garden with a good bed, so we slept very well after all the exciting things we did in the city. The living room is large with a comfartable sofa where we could read and watch TV.

We had excellent service from the nice and kind staff, including free laundray. One day the TV did not work (common problem with modern internet type of TV system), but we had it fixed immidiately. Every day we had a small chat with one of the nice people in the staff, and we always had all the help we needed. When we came back in the afternoon the room was always very clean.

The area around the hotel is nice and beautiful. There are lots of restaurants, bars and shops with everything you can need. Our favourites became Restaurant Luxembourg, Lanskys Deli and Fusha West for sushi. We always had things to eat in the hotel (included) but sometimes we also went to Trader Joes to shop or to Duane Reeds for icecream. All within one block from the hotel

We got married in New York, and on our wedding day the suite was unexpectedly prepared with roses, a wedding cake and other things. Thank you!

We look foward to stay in this extraordinary hotel on our next trip.

Room Tip: We choose the Library suite, which was very good for us. Large, high in the building, fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Spa Suite for my birthday weekend. The place was very cute and the owner nicely prepared a birthday chocolate cake of fantastic quality ready for me. The staff was very friendly and nice. However, the first evening when a couple of my friends and I were hanging out at the jacuzzi before getting ready to go out, a maid came over to complain it was too loud. We were quiet girls, so it was hard to believe that we just got the complaint. I was just blaming on the fact that perhaps the walls are thin. Then, the next day, the owner called and complained to me the guest that I did not clean after myself before the maid came to clean the room. I thought that was part of the service provided by the cleaning service of the Inn. I was confused. And, she was complaining I did not put the phone down properly when it was the phone at the hotel that had the problem. I just did not want to have an argument ruin my birthday weekend, so I just apologized for no fair reason to stop this conversation. Seriously, I put all the dishes in the dish washer and the ones that couldn't fit into the dish washer in the kitchen sink. In fact, I cleaned after myself unnecessarily only to hear the hotel owner call my personal cell phone to complain for them carrying out the duty that the hotel was responsible for carrying out. On top of that, the jacuzzi was not working a few times. I was able to use it only ONCE for the entire weekend I stayed. What a waste. In fact, I was the one who had all the rights to complain and should have complained how rude the owner was and how poor the jacuzzi state was in terms of functioning. The interior design was great. Nevertheless, it is very debatable I will ever go back or recommend to anyone else only to receive such rudeness thus ruining my trip.

I still don't understand what I did wrong to deserve such rudeness from the hotel owner that both my friend who was staying with me and I had to ruin my birthday experience at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
9 Thank dollars4goodTrips
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

1night for us was worth money with what we paid for.
Positive things: Location is great, room was very clean and well-appointed, comfortable and modern facilities, breakfast was nice and awesome
Negative things: staff attitude was quite frank and not polite enough, public area should be improve with smoking area.
In general, you get what you pay for. Management of this hotel should know and improve these matters.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank susan b
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all, the spa suite was as amazing as everyone else says, but the staff were very rude. They said we could leave our bags and pick them up after checkout, and practically threw it in my face when I came to get mine. One would think they would be trained to be polite to customers

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank ygontchar
InnNewYorkCity, Owner at Inn New York City, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
This review and the next two reviews ("good place with some improvements" and "Agreed: Great place poor owner's hospitality") have all been written by the same guests who have stayed for the same two night reservation in the spa suite.