“The ideal honeymoon location”
Review of Inn New York City

and 1 more site!
Inn New York City
Ranked #354 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here at the inn for a few days for our honeymoon. We were looking for a relaxing suite with a hot tub and browsed the Internet looking for something special. We definitely found it! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Spa Suite was absolutely breathtaking. With a wonderfully comfortable king bed, a sweet little table for two that they had a heart shaped cake on set with dishes and the room decorated for newlyweds, the oversized jacuzzi tub with fireplace and sauna just made this the coziest and most intimate place for us. It's set on a quieter side street but is just a block from the subway so seeing the sites was easy! They equip the room. With breakfast food in a good variety along with wine and snacks. It's just beautiful and we plan on saving up and coming back for future anniversaries!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This small hotel is located in a calm street on the Upper West Side. It is very close to the subway station on 72nd street with all possible service. It is an old brownstone house and each suite fills a full floor. We live in old house in Stockholm, and if you like the atmosphere in old houses this is perfect. The suite was full of old and interesting things, you always have something to look at. This gave a warm and cosy atmosphere, so we could have stayed in the suite all day, but of course we had other things to do. The living room also had a fireplace, which was very nice to start in the evenings. The bedroom is towards the garden with a good bed, so we slept very well after all the exciting things we did in the city. The living room is large with a comfartable sofa where we could read and watch TV.

We had excellent service from the nice and kind staff, including free laundray. One day the TV did not work (common problem with modern internet type of TV system), but we had it fixed immidiately. Every day we had a small chat with one of the nice people in the staff, and we always had all the help we needed. When we came back in the afternoon the room was always very clean.

The area around the hotel is nice and beautiful. There are lots of restaurants, bars and shops with everything you can need. Our favourites became Restaurant Luxembourg, Lanskys Deli and Fusha West for sushi. We always had things to eat in the hotel (included) but sometimes we also went to Trader Joes to shop or to Duane Reeds for icecream. All within one block from the hotel

We got married in New York, and on our wedding day the suite was unexpectedly prepared with roses, a wedding cake and other things. Thank you!

We look foward to stay in this extraordinary hotel on our next trip.

Room Tip: We choose the Library suite, which was very good for us. Large, high in the building, fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Spa Suite for my birthday weekend. The place was very cute and the owner nicely prepared a birthday chocolate cake of fantastic quality ready for me. The staff was very friendly and nice. However, the first evening when a couple of my friends and I were hanging out at the jacuzzi before getting ready to go out, a maid came over to complain it was too loud. We were quiet girls, so it was hard to believe that we just got the complaint. I was just blaming on the fact that perhaps the walls are thin. Then, the next day, the owner called and complained to me the guest that I did not clean after myself before the maid came to clean the room. I thought that was part of the service provided by the cleaning service of the Inn. I was confused. And, she was complaining I did not put the phone down properly when it was the phone at the hotel that had the problem. I just did not want to have an argument ruin my birthday weekend, so I just apologized for no fair reason to stop this conversation. Seriously, I put all the dishes in the dish washer and the ones that couldn't fit into the dish washer in the kitchen sink. In fact, I cleaned after myself unnecessarily only to hear the hotel owner call my personal cell phone to complain for them carrying out the duty that the hotel was responsible for carrying out. On top of that, the jacuzzi was not working a few times. I was able to use it only ONCE for the entire weekend I stayed. What a waste. In fact, I was the one who had all the rights to complain and should have complained how rude the owner was and how poor the jacuzzi state was in terms of functioning. The interior design was great. Nevertheless, it is very debatable I will ever go back or recommend to anyone else only to receive such rudeness thus ruining my trip.

I still don't understand what I did wrong to deserve such rudeness from the hotel owner that both my friend who was staying with me and I had to ruin my birthday experience at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank dollars4goodTrips
Reviewed January 16, 2013

1night for us was worth money with what we paid for.
Positive things: Location is great, room was very clean and well-appointed, comfortable and modern facilities, breakfast was nice and awesome
Negative things: staff attitude was quite frank and not polite enough, public area should be improve with smoking area.
In general, you get what you pay for. Management of this hotel should know and improve these matters.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank susan b
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The title says it all, the spa suite was as amazing as everyone else says, but the staff were very rude. They said we could leave our bags and pick them up after checkout, and practically threw it in my face when I came to get mine. One would think they would be trained to be polite to customers

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank ygontchar
InnNewYorkCity, Owner at Inn New York City, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

This review and the next two reviews ("good place with some improvements" and "Agreed: Great place poor owner's hospitality") have all been written by the same guests who have stayed for the same two night reservation in the spa suite.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you ever wanted to know what it is like to live in a fabulous UWS brownstone flat, this will get 'er done. Situated in a super neighborhood, surrounded by good restaurants, great bodegas, wine stores, the Lincoln Center, even a Trader Joes, you will want for nothing.
We stayed with our college age daughter in the Library and it was perfect. The fully equipped kitchen (which was constantly being restocked with yummy pastries and drinks) allowed us to cook several meals in - resulting in saved moolah from too many restaurant meals. The suite was also extremely quiet and private.
And to get an idea of how wonderful and accommodating the management is - we had a late flight out on our last day and we're given the amazing hospitality to hang out in the Opera Suite for the afternoon, since they needed to prepare ours for the next guest. That's above and beyond. And I would definitely stay in the Opera suite as well. Beautiful!
We will definitely be back.
(As a reference, hotels we have stayed in NYC include The Lowell, The Pierre, London NYC, Dream Downtown and the Plaza Athenee.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sanyadee
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our sixth year at the Inn. As always, the Inn never disappoints. We write about our experience at the Inn each year when we get home in hopes of letting everyone know that this is the most fabulous way to experience staying in NYC for a whole host of reasons. Not only are the suites out of this world, but more importantly, the way you are treated is incredible and always remains at the highest level no matter how many times you stay there. This time was no different in that respect. Ellen and her staff are incredible. We are already booked for next year. If you stay one time at the Inn, you'll never stay anyplace else.

Diane and Joe