We stayed for a week in June and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. Our apartment on the 9th floor was extremely spacious, well appointed, with TVs everywhere and very effective aircon. The location is ideal in a smart sector of the city, right next to the Waldorf Astoria. We loved the neighbourhood around Lexington Avenue / 3rd Avenue with great restaurants and convenience stores and a relief from the tourist hell of Times Square and 8th Avenue (nearly booked a place over there - glad we didn't). Rockefeller Plaza and Grand Central are 10 mins walk away.
However, there is no such thing as quiet in NY. Due to the way the aircon units are fitted (removable in the winter), the windows are not sealed from street noise which seems to go on all night with garbage trucks, police, hotel laundry, etc. Earplugs are supplied by the hotel, but we were fine once we accepted how it would be.
Clearly, this is not a purpose built hotel - it is a conversion of a former old apartment block and as such, certain features are compromised; the lift is a little tight, as is the reception area and the breakfast bar is a squeeze in relation to the number of guests. However I would not let this put you off. The assistants in the breakfast bar are so polite and helpful, doing their utmost to run it efficiently through the 8 to 9am rush hour. Reception staff also extremely helpful and welcoming. We would have no hesitation in staying there again - missing New York already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While visiting one of the most extraordinary cities in the world, we invite you to live like a New Yorker in the center of it all at the award winning BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House. Relax in your very own exclusive Manhattan apartment-style suite designed with all the comforts of a large home without sacrificing any of the benefits of hotel amenities and services. Imagine yourself stepping out of your front door and being in the center of it all, with all New York's spectacular major attractions just a short walking distance away. While resting in your suite all of the fantastic sights and sounds that make New York City so great are just outside your window. Hotel guests especially appreciate spreading out in their very own apartment suite after a full day out in our thrilling city. No other New York City hotel can compare to our oversized rooms and great location. We're ideally located near Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and any number of subway and transportation hubs. Our expansive apartment-style suites are designed to make your experience convenient and comfortable. As you enter one of our luxuriously appointed suites, you are warmly welcomed with a large living room, full kitchen, dining area, separate private bedroom(s) and a well appointed bathroom(s). The apartments all come complete with oak wood flooring, 11 foot ceilings, and noise reduction windows. All of our oversized suites are three and four room full apartments designed for luxury living. This property is designed to be a home away from home with fully outfitted kitchens, stone counters, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and kitchenware for up to six people. Pillow top mattresses and full bathroom botanical amenities are offered to all our guests. Both of our Penthouses have beautiful outdoor balconies in addition to all the rest. And it doesn't end there, The BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality house dishes up complimentary breakfast daily. Enjoy piping hot eggs and made to order waffles, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits, breads, pastries, (delivered daily), juices and 100% Arabica coffee. Our hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and a local fitness center access that keeps you connected and up with your fitness routine. Free fitness facilities and classes like yoga, kettlebell, and Pilates, basketball court, weights, machines, aerobics, sauna, steam room, and two swimming pools are all available to our adult guests. Free local telephone calls from your room and free newspaper at your door every weekday are just a few additional perks. Our award winning world class multilingual service team stands ready to anticipate anything you might need 24 hours a day. Read the variety of free newspapers or use our free computer/printers or just to come mingle with the other guests in our public lobby hospitality suite. Enjoy free tea or coffee there throughout the day. Take a break on our outdoor public deck that offers a quiet peaceful area during warmer months, complete with flowers and benches. Book your ideal New York City dream experience at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Plus Hospitality House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hospitality House Hotel New York City
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western Hospitality House New York