“A hidden N.Y. Secret”

Ranked #336 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New Knoxville, Ohio
“A hidden N.Y. Secret”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We like this location--close to Broadway & most theaters, as well as a
variety of eateries. The little bar is nice for a busy day night cap, and
decor is relaxing, but also fun. The lady bartender was especially good
in her attentativeness (on-the-ball), and efficient.
We look forward to another visit to the Amsterdam!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Joann H
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Daer Joann H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Amsterdam Court with other like-minded travelers such as yourself. I am glad that you received great service from all members of our staff and found our location to be spot on as well. We are truly humbled by your kind words and look forward to your next visit with us!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed at Amsterdam for 4 nights and could not believe how close it was to Times Square. Although the rooms were small (normal for NYC), I was actually surprised at how large the bathrooms were! Everything was so clean and the hotel staff cleaned up and made our bed everyday. One day my mom went out and I wanted to sleep in, so she left the privacy please sign on the door. When we both finally left for the city together are 1:30 we put the service please sign on the door. We came back to the room around 6 to recharge before dinner and our room was made up! Another day we ran out of towels so my mom went downstairs to ask for more and before she got back up to the room, someone had brought towels to me. The staff was so nice and always willing to help us navigate. Our flight out wasn't until 8pm so we were able to keep our luggage at the hotel until we left for the airport. Jose and Robert were awesome with our luggage and checking out. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katelyn C,

Thank you for such a glowing review. We truly appreciate your kind words and also acknowledging both Jose and Robert for their efforts. However whats more important to us is that you had a most memorable stay and that we were able to accomodate all your needs. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to when "Awesome Amsterdam" can do so again. Hurry back!

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed here for 6 Nights at the beginning of January, the location is peffect if your travelling in the winter. As you walk out the hotel entrance' turn right literally a 20 second walk and your at times square! The hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk to central park which I think is the best thing about new York!!

There is also a lounge/bar attached to the hotel which is really nice, I would have a drink while my partner would get ready Natsumi I think its called.

The only bad points I have is the heating, it was a dated heater which made a lot of racket it was like a ketting boiling and the room would go very humid, we rang reception and they sent there handy man up to take a look all he done was turn it off? but again that did not bother us. I would defiantly stay at Amsterdam court again. I am returning to nyc in January but this time we will be staying at the Edison hotel I did try booking Amsterdam court but I got a better deal with the Edison.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TyrionLanister,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at the Amsterdam Court Hotel. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our Executive Team to address within their respective departments. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Amsterdam Court the next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please be assured that we will always match any rates that you find on line, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at gm@amsterdamcourtnyc.com if I may be of any further assistance now or in the future.

Warm Regards,

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife & i thoroughly enjoyed our 7 night stay here. Its a great very central location at a nice price. The room was spacious and clean, bed very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. The hotel being on 50th street and just a few feet from Broadway onto TImes Square is a massive bonus. The subway for train access is also right outside, so handy bonus for cheap fast transportation.
If i could critique one small downer ,it was the costly wifi at $10 per 24hrs. But free wifi is readily available from almost all of the eateries nearby so this wasn't too much of a problem for us as we always ate out.
Thank you also to the cleaning lady who kept our room looking great.
Would definitely stay again !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrewilson
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear andrewilson,

Thank you for the very detailed praise for your stay at The Amsterdam Court Hotel recently. We are very proud to hear of your experience during the stay and that you found our location so desirable. Your recognition of our staff and most pointedly our housekeeping department is humbly appreciated. We cannot thank you enough for your patronage and look forward to when we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I just finished staying for two nights at The Amsterdam Court Hotel. My wife and I had friends in NYC for a week and we decided to get a hotel and enjoy the city. The price was right and we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing and while the hallways were not nice the room was great. It was pretty large for a NYC hotel and everything in the room was brand new. The bathrooms were great and the New flat screen TV worked great. Free coffee and water all day were a great touch. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Dear

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at The Amsterdam Court. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your visit to New York City. It is gratifying to hear that you were so pleased with our staff. I am very proud of our colleagues here and greatly appreciate you taking the time to call attention to their efforts in your comments. We truly hope to have the honor to serve you again real soon.

Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Amsterdam Court Hotel was an excellent choice based on quality of service and proximity to the theatre district and Times Square. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for anything better. It was our second experience at the Amsterdam Court and I would stay there again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sandra H,

As the Hotel Manager of The Amsterdam Court, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC, we appreciate your loyalty!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great Location in Times Square and the Theater District. Room size is small, but you don't go to New York to stay in the hotel room. I have stayed here many times, and would recommend it. Now I need 13 more characters to complete this review but I can't stop typing

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Charles Bradley E,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted you chose to stay with us. We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. It's a pleasure knowing we exceeded your expectations from our location and comfortable beds. From all of us at The Amsterdam Court, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels lead you our way!